Unofficial Economic Poll

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Characteristics of an economic depression include declining business activities, falling prices, rising unemployment, increasing inventories, public fear and panic.
How many of you feel we are actually in an economic depression?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
raising hand also - yep. unemployment here. but no fear or panic. i'm not depressed by the depression

:)

yikes gotta get back to work....lots to do here today....

(hey FC!)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Thanks, FarmerChick.

I just realized I did not answer my own question, and I probably should . . . although I don't want to impact the outcome, you know. ;) I think we are too.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Thanks OFG. I agree there is not a lot of panic and fear at the moment, but it seems like we did have some, not that long ago, and there is the potential for more if this "jobless recovery" doesn't pan out so well.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Yes, I believe we are! Unemployment is high in my area and I do not see it getting better anytime soon. I see a lot of GOOD men that can not get a job!
House prices are falling around here too.
I am in charge of a fundraising program at my church and it really is unbelievable how many people who are living paycheck to paycheck barely!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
panic is a weird word
handled so different by many

some head to being criminals and steal to make ends meet....people you wouldn't think would panic and change their morals ya know, but they are pushed over the edge.

people panic and stock up and hoard and get all scared that the society they know will change dramatically very soon and they must, must be prepared.

people who have some fear and get smart about their finances and learn that less is more to survive in hard times.

so many ways to handle it.

but fear of any change or unknown is common in anything from economics to health or ??

panic to me is running thru the streets, busting windows, looting, freaking out to the level of not functioning on your daily routine etc.

no panic here---worried yes, wondering yes, but no panic....heck I don't have time to panic...gotta go take care of animals...and you know what, none of my farm animals are panicking..LOL

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Characteristics of an economic depression include declining business activities, falling prices, rising unemployment, increasing inventories, public fear and panic.
How many of you feel we are actually in an economic depression?
Let's see???

Business slowed down, house has lost half it's value, husband lost 2/3 his income I think things around here qualify. Many of my friends are in the same situation. It's the norm now.

But, I am not afraid or depressed. :barnie I will not panic. :weee I am prepared!!! :clap

:D

I believe in the power of positive thinking!!!

Edited to say..... Maybe I am just delusional.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
YUP.

We have been bunkered down here for a year. All spending is at a stand still...'sept the necessities. Not the most comfortable way to live, but manageable.

Just hope that strange noise the washing machine is making would go away! Any strange noises put me into a bit of a panic. I keep telling my car, "Your a HONDA, knock it OFF!!"

Latest posts