US Government Surplus Quonset Hut Type Frame - SOLD

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
This is either, depending on who you talk to, made of a magnesium alloy or a titanium alloy. Technically this is a Mobile Maintenance Tent frame and the standard length is 32 ft. I have 3 extra 8 ft. sections though, for a total of 56 ft. The frame is 20 ft. wide, 14 ft. tall at the center, and 56 ft. long.

The frame can be covered with metal for use as a barn, workshop, RV storage, etc.

This alloy is very strong, light, and doesn't rust. And since it doesn't rust, it would be fantastic if used as greenhouse, for hydroponics or aquaponics, or any other high humidity use.

If purchased on the surplus market, this would cost you over $4400, plus several hundred more for crating and shipping.

Asking $2500 or possibly trade for a tractor with live power. I will deliver up to 250 miles for no charge. Any further than that, we'd have to talk about it.

The photo below shows it at a length of 48 ft.

QuansetHutSmall.jpg

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I bought it from an Army Surplus dealer in south Louisiana. After Katrina, he moved to south Mississippi, but a bit inland. I have spoken with him recently and he currently can not get any more at a price that would allow him to make a profit. I can get you his contact info if you'd like.

I have found them on the web, but at the moment I cant remember the name of the business. I do remember that 32 ft. was $2500, and each additional 8 ft. section was $650. He'd ship them for a $350 palleting fee plus the cost of freight. I will see if I can find the info.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I know that it's been a while, but I finally located the dealer that sells these. Here is a link to his info on these.

Mark

armysurplus

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
I bought it from an Army Surplus dealer in south Louisiana. After Katrina, he moved to south Mississippi, but a bit inland. I have spoken with him recently and he currently can not get any more at a price that would allow him to make a profit. I can get you his contact info if you'd like.

I have found them on the web, but at the moment I cant remember the name of the business. I do remember that 32 ft. was $2500, and each additional 8 ft. section was $650. He'd ship them for a $350 palleting fee plus the cost of freight. I will see if I can find the info.
I well known that Army surplus is best for well price and quality products...........for clarify you contact any UK army surplus store.