US Radiation Map

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thanks Morel. My state dont have a nuke plant WOO HOO!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My suspicious mind is now wondering if this map is going to report truth even though I have mailed it out to many people and been watching it myself this week.

This video will explain why

you've got to wonder why we are not receiving informaiton on radiation levels in Japan in the areas where these meltdowns have occured.

you have to wonder why US military are not monitoring and reporting radiaiton levels in the atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=7SZC61oMglw&feature=player_embedded

and this video is essentially the same with a little more detail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_wwkyvLb30&feature=related

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Mackay said:
This video will explain why

you've got to wonder why we are not receiving informaiton on radiation levels in Japan in the areas where these meltdowns have occured.

you have to wonder why US military are not monitoring and reporting radiaiton levels in the atmosphere.
I can't watch youtube videos and find it rather offputting when people expect you TO watch the video to understand what the point of their post is :/

However, what on EARTH are you talking about?

*Some* information *has* been released on radiation levels in the affected areas; and the US military certainly ARE known to be monitoring radiation levels in the atmosphere, indeed it is my recollection that that was the basis for the US gov't recommending to its citizens a larger evacuation zone than the Japanese gov't was at the time, a few days ago. The fact that they are not emailing raw data to you personally does not mean they are not doing it at all :p

I just don't understand why people can't freak out -- if they want to freak out -- about ACTUAL circumstances, rather than reinventing the facts of events. Surely there is enough freak-out potential in what has actually occurred?

Getting frustrated at the *gratuitous* spread of patent misinformation,

Pat

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am not sure what good freaking out does. But, if people want to, go for it.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
CrownofThorns said:
Hmmm they seem to have forgotten that Alaska and Hawaii are part of the USA... :p
If you scroll down to the bottom, there is a link for Alaska and Hawaii.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
CrownofThorns said:
Hmmm they seem to have forgotten that Alaska and Hawaii are part of the USA... :p
:ep Don't you know? Alaska is an international country :lol:

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Got this from that site. Not sure to whom the customer is sending data but this certainly is NOT at panic values currently.
Preparation prevents Panic.

Update: 3/23/11, 5:15 A.M.

Until some Japanese Monitoring Stations come on line in the Radiation Network, I received a verbal report from a customer of ours from Japan, living in Kawasaki City, a southwest Tokyo suburb, which puts her about 150 miles from the ailing Fukushima nuclear power plants. She reported a radiation level of .16 uSv/hr, which equates to 16 uR/hr, and that levels have been rising a little bit. Since normal background is perhaps 12 to 15 uR/hr, depending on location and altitude, her levels are not too bad at that distance.
Hope this helps some. I realize it is several days old and that things are constantly changing.
Best to all
Trim sends