USA Gas Map

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
How very interesting that BFE in the middle of the country has cheaper prices.... There are fewer people, why would that make prices cheaper? Or is it because they are producing some of their own gas??
I wonder how much of these price variances are due to taxes that are imposed per state? My mom lives a couple miles away from the SC line, and she makes a trip down there every few weeks to shop and fill her truck up because of the cheaper prices.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
There is a refinery right in downtown Cheyenne, WY. That seems like it would help!

dfr1973

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
How very interesting that BFE in the middle of the country has cheaper prices....
I wonder how much of these price variances are due to taxes that are imposed per state?
This is it.
US Gasoline Tax by state
(be sure to scroll to map below the chart for the visual effect)

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
http://gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

at a glance, the current prices

West....the 'under $3.16' price sounds very very nice!!!!
Hmm. Im as west as you can basically get. Im in Oregon. Here the gas at the cheapest station is $3.95 It has gone up over 30cents in less than a week. Good thing I just bought me a car that is easy on gas.. Sure wish I could afford a hybrid..

hqueen13

Reaction score
Sunny, it doesn't matter if you can or can't afford a hybrid, when you do the math most people BARELY break even on the cost. There just isn't much of a return in terms of $$ when you look at the cost of the vehicle and gas savings versus the cost of a "regular" vehicle and gas expenses. So really, the only reason to buy one is to get warm fuzzy feelings for the environment. Cause there sure aren't going to be any warm fuzzies on the bottom line!
YMM(will!)V

This is of course not to mention the issue of dealing with the massive battery which there are currently very few places that will accept them and regulations to deal with them (sorta like those pesky CFL's and all that mercury!!) :rolleyes:

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Sunny, it doesn't matter if you can or can't afford a hybrid, when you do the math most people BARELY break even on the cost. There just isn't much of a return in terms of $$ when you look at the cost of the vehicle and gas savings versus the cost of a "regular" vehicle and gas expenses. So really, the only reason to buy one is to get warm fuzzy feelings for the environment. Cause there sure aren't going to be any warm fuzzies on the bottom line!
YMM(will!)V

This is of course not to mention the issue of dealing with the massive battery which there are currently very few places that will accept them and regulations to deal with them (sorta like those pesky CFL's and all that mercury!!) :rolleyes:
That is true. But the thought of over 50 miles per gallon seem nice. But only if you can afford the car to start with. We only buy our cars with cash. So I ended up getting a car that many people get up to 40 mile per gallon on the freeway..Depends on your driving habits also. I havent tested mine out yet. But it seems to be very gas sipping. The same amount of gas I put in my other car will last me 2 to 3 times longer in this car.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Then that is an improvement!

I agree, we don't buy cars unless we pay cash either. That has meant some pretty junky cars, but every time we have the chance (or need!) to get another one, we've been able to afford a nicer one that has lasted us longer. It is a pretty proud feeling to know you can pay for cash for things like that!!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
YMM(will!)V

I just saw a report that said the electric production for hybrids is producing more carbon than if they'd just stuck to driving a gas vehicle - not so warm, not so fuzzy for the environment, after all :/

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
hqueen13 said:
YMM(will!)V

I just saw a report that said the electric production for hybrids is producing more carbon than if they'd just stuck to driving a gas vehicle - not so warm, not so fuzzy for the environment, after all :/
I wish you would post this alleged report so we can all come to our own conclusions. Was it a post on a blog or something?