Uses for those nasty little ends of hand soaps............

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I read this somewhere and have used this idea for years-
I take one of those small netted bags that sometime come with produce or small items and fill them with the end of soaps that are too small to hang onto anymnore. I close the end of the netting with a rubber band and use it for those places like the laundry tub where I need some real heavy duty scrubbing of hands. Works better than any lava type soap. And no waste. And not so rough on hands either.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
great idea
but honestly, I use my soap to the bitter end...LOL
I never have left over ends

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I use it until it is very thin, then plaster it to the next bar.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow. All very good ideas. I was just struggling this with a few days ago. I think I got so irritated chasing the last sliver around in the sink I threw it away. I know. Shame on me. :(

Cassandra

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I wonder if you could take those little pieces and put them in a hand pump soap dispenser and fill it up with water.
If you let it sit for a little while and then shake it up it will probably disintegrate enough to create a liquid soapish sort of water.
It may not be pretty but I think it will get the job done.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I do the same thing with my homemade bar soaps. As they have essential oils in them, I can use the mesh bag for cleaning tubs and toilets or even use them to wash the dogs. Fleas hate essential oils and it makes the pups smell soooo nice!

mgibbzzz

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We do put ours in the hand soap pumps. Some soaps dissolve quicker than others and you have to shake them frequently til dissolved. Works great.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
You can use "soap saver" bags - little crocheted bags, you put your soap in it - use it in the bag, helps to scrub off or exfoliate. when its getting near its end, add another bar.

Or you can melt your soap bits down and make a new one.

mcbane666

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Put all the little bits in a mug, and use with a brush for shaving cream. saves all that money spent on cream.:lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I take those little bits - grate them up - add a tiny bit of hot water and let soak till slightly soft

Then I take some essential oil for fragrance and mix well.

Finally I mold them into soap balls. Prettier if they start with different colored bits. Waste not...