Veggies

What's your favorite or least favorite veggie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I like most veggies ( sweet corn [ butter and sugar corn on the cob], sweet potatoes, peppers, radishes, MUSHROOMS, spinach, etc). I dislike lima beans, okra. I will eat peas but only if they are in Macaroni Salad.
The reason I'm doing this poll is to see what the more popular veggies would be in a garden.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like pretty much all of 'em...except beets...but they tried to kill me so it's understandable that I don't like 'em, right?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't like mushrooms, the texture bothers me! Like most everything else though.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
What? NO tomatoes listed?? :p I love all the veggies in the poll and a few that are not listed there. The ones I can happily live without are radishes, yams, swedes, (cooked) cabbage, brussels sprouts :sick and asparagus.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't like cooked cabbage either but have been known to eat stuffed cabbage leaves.
Nope no tomatoes listed; sorry- couldn't put all veggies down or else that list would go on forever ( 4-5pages) which is too long of a poll.
What's wrong with asparagus? I didn't like it in my younger years but now I do especially if it has a garlic butter sauce on it. The next time my Uncle is here I'm going to try Grilled Bacon wrapped asparagus.
I'm just glad I have such an agreeable Uncle that's willing to be a "human guinea pig"/ "test subject". :thumbsup

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Stir fried cabbage is nice, but boiled-to-death cabbage (and spinach)… Thanks, mom! She put me off for live, though I learned to love spinach later, I'm still struggling with cabbage cooked.

Oh, but tomatoes are so good! They need a place of honour on the list ;) I'll stop teasing you now..

Asparagus and me, nothing wrong with the veg as much as it reminds me of something I'd best forget. Guilty by association I suppose.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
At first I would get okra and asparagus mixed up but okra is the one I detest and refuse to eat no matter how it's cooked.
I like most veggies raw and sometimes have been known to eat them straight out of a garden. :thumbsup