Very interesting piece of equipment

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just came across this today. You could say it's a sort of combination wheelbarrow, hand truck, garden cart, lever/fulcrum, human-powered mini-forklift.

Not that I generally promote the idea of people spending money on more industrially made tools or pieces of equipment. But I beiieve if I were just in the process of outfitting a homestead, I'd seriously consider investing in this.

Worx Aerocart.png

Here's a short video about different ways it can be used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=75&v=mZCioJFpnqk

An interesting concept & design, so it seems. Sturdy & durable?... well, I'm not in a position to say. (But it better be.)

I did a search of SufficientSelf to see if anyone had mentioned this thing, but couldn't find a reference. So I thought I'd post this. But it would be great if someone posted about their actual experience with one of these. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thanks, Joel...now ya got me wanting one!!!! Now, that would be a mighty handy piece of equipment on ANY homestead, particularly for us older crowd. I especially like the forklift feature but all the other aspects were mighty attractive also.

Right now we have two dollies, one wheelbarrow, two garden carts, one wood trolley, etc. Just think of having all that equipment in one piece of equipment. Someone was thinking with their head on straight with this thing.

I'm with you, it had better be sturdy to withstand heavy stuff over time. But, I like it, from what I can see.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've never liked any kind of multitool. I'd rather have the 3 or 4 tools it tries to replace. If nothing else, to have MORE tools. :D

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I read some reviews about this, and some of the negatives I found were:
too small- it only holds the equivalent of 1 5-gallon bucket (I can carry 2 full ones myself)
too short- even with the longer handles, people found they had to lean way over, or risk tipping stuff out of the basket
A lot of the pieces seem to be made of plastic.
One person mentioned that although the directions showed (pictures only) how to lengthen the handles, they had to figure out how to shorten them again.
Another person mentioned that with the snow plow attached, the wheels would not turn.

Over all, it sounds like a good idea but I think I'll wait until they improve the design

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Over all, it sounds like a good idea but I think I'll wait until they improve the design
I can understand that. It's almost my motto or personal guideline not to buy the first version of any new manufactured concept or design. I'd learned by getting a fairly early battery powered rechargeable electric drill — the ones produced later were a huge improvement. And, although I had a job where I used a computer daily, I definitely waited until computers were more "road-tested" or evolved or "trusty" until I bought one. And the next one I bought was even much better.

In terms of its wheelbarrow-like function, I think the option for wheel positioning under the center of the pan can be an advantage, making the load's fulcrum point more like a garden cart.

Being able to use the fulcrum/leverage principle to lift largish stones or large planter pots is attractive. Etc.

I don't really know how the pan's capacity, volume-wise, compares with an ordinary garden wheelbarrow - but it looks like it would be less than a contractor's wheelbarrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts