wahoo AC off today

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so far AC is off but geez it is heating up out there. tad of a cool breeze and fingers crossed the house doesn't heat up. hubby gotta be cool to sleep at night :)

I always look forward to when AC can go off and the windows are open. Spring is a killer wtih pollen, but the fall is so much nicer with way less junk in the air.

the relief on the old elec. bill is sweet also.

just babbling cause I can and smiling cause I will be spending less per month on elec. now :D

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad you are getting some relief :)

I forget where you live, do you get much in the way of winter weather?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
NC

we have very mild winters so we get away easier than alot of others

one reason I love this state is even though we get 'a band' of super hot 100s, they don't last long and winters are mild. it really is a good weather situation in my area.

might have to throw it on for a bit cause it is 77 in the house and if it hits 78 I will start to melt. but good thing is if I do turn it on, when the sun goes down I can shut it off again.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We haven't got there yet, we are a bunch of penguins. I can't sleep if it is too hot

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It got down to about 43 last night. I was glad I put an extra blanket on the bed B4 I went to sleep otherwise I would have woken up in the middle of the night and been freezing cold.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
43 and blankets! no way here yet.

we are no sheets/blankets and shorts...lol.

the house hit 81. AND NO AC! I positioned a few fans in the windows and turned on ceiling fans. I SUFFERED thru it and about when hubby got home 6:45 it was cooling off. took a bit but the house is down to 77 and all windows wide open. Thankfully hubby is now fast asleep (12 hr work days) and he never said he was hot. that there is a miracle.

but boy I came SOOOOoooo close to throwing it on. I made it....not a huge accomplishment but to survive 81 to me was good :lol:

ca-ching back in my wallet

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The AC is off here, too, thanks to the cooler weather! :bow It has a Fan setting, so I have it on that right now with the camper windows closed still, as doc worked nights the past several days so we keep the bedroom in kind of a black-out.

He's off for a couple days so I'll be cranking the windows open and the fans a going and we should do fine, indoor temp, wise! :fl

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's down to 46 again here.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have been warm during the day but very cool at night(down to 57 last night) so I run the fan in the windows at night and the close all those windows first thing in the morning.. keeps the house very cool during the day. Soon we will be closing the windows during the nights and then once it warms for the day we turn the fans on and pull that warm in and then close the windows again.
I like it cold at night to sleep too. I have the window cracked up till snow blows in.. but we don't heat the upstairs anyhoo.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
in a way it is so crazy we chase weather :p

its tiring LOL