Wannabefree!!! homemade pizza crusts for make ahead......

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WBF..... was it you who makes and bakes the pizza crusts and put them in the freezer? How do you freezer prep them? Vacuum seal? Or something else.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I just wrap them very well in plastic wrap. If I make the smaller ones that will fit, I put wax paper between each one and put them in gallon ziploc bags.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ahhhhh.....cool. I was wondering about that. Thanks so much!!! I'm going to make some friday. :clap

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Awesome! :) Try putting some garlic powder or minced garlic, and oregano IN the crust....OMGosh is it ever delicious! :drool You got me craving pizza woman! :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:( Well phooey! The Italian herbs are still very good in there too though. Oregano, thyme, ....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We eat a LOAD of garlic...dunno what I'd do with out ;) Sorry your DH can't have it! Oh, and I forgot basil! I also sometimes put some dried tomato in the crust when I grind it up good in the processor. That makes it yummy too. I just will try about anything once I guess :p

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I put Italian blend spice and hot chili flakes into my pizza crusts :)

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I usually just make two fresh pizzas for us on pizza weekends. But it turns into a 3 hour job. Most of which involves just the crust. I think I'll start making them ahead of time like WBF does. I'll make 6 at a time, and freeze them. We love pizza...DH and myself, but pizza hut is too expensive, (and they don't deliver it to us), and store bought pizzas hurt my stomach anymore. Just better all around to make them at home. :drool