Wanted - Burlap/Burlap sacks

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm looking for burlap in any form. Free is awesome, but I'd be happy to pay for shipping, or barter.

For barter, I have: sewing services/products, dog training solutions, angora wool, pencil or paint portraits.

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
http://www.eburlap.com/

Also check with your local plant Nursery.

Years ago I was able to buy colored burlap at JoAnn Fabrics. I'm not sure if they still carry burlap, but it's worth a call to your fabric shop.

Good Luck. What are your plans for the burlap? (You know how nosey we are!!)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I was going to sew "curtains" to hang in the shed. Wet them with water in summer to help cool the air.

I'm REALLY nervous about being able to keep bunnies cool in summer. We put a window in the shed in winter and we put it on the sunny side. Now I'm realizing that they are FAR more likely to die from heat than from cold!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Freeze some bottles of water and put in with them. We had some little ones that would lay on a solid block of ice. I couldn't figure out why it was melting with that funny furrow in the middle then one jumped on, layed awhile and jumped off so another could jump on. They're funny. We also put a fan to blow over a jug of ice. You're right, they can stand the cold, but not the heat.

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I made burlap curtains for my back porch!!! I used baling twine for the thread. DH hated them but everyone else loved them. The cats eventually destroyed them. Bad kitties-they loved pulling the threads.

We use 2 liter bottles of ice in the hutch with the rabbits and a weather-safe box fan bunjeed to the outside of the hutch. I also have several water bottles for the bunnies that I fill 3/4 full and freeze, then we give them a fresh icy cold bottle every AM. If you add a little cold water to top them off before you put them out, the bunnies will have fresh water that will be replenished by the melting ice all day.