wanted kefir or kombucha starter

goatilocks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would like to try either kefir or kombucha. Ive heard such good things about both I cant decide which one I want. So if anyone has either, give me a holler.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I always have kefir (my grains multiply like crazy) and have sent to several people on the forum already--just PM me your address and I'll send some off on Monday :)

citylife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I always have available also. I am in KC, MO

the lady with the 4 dogs, foster dog, 5 city chickens, 6 meat rabbits, their kits and a snake

citylife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
goatilocks said:
Thank you so much! :)
I thought you would like to know I have 3 kefir cheese going right now. I cant wait to taste the finished product.
Are you experimenting yet?
I put some kefir whey in with some sliced pickling cucumbers and wow! They were mushy in less then a week. Lesson-
do not use 75% whey and water. LOLOL use less whey! will try again. I dont like mush pickles. But the flavor wasnt to bad.
Had garlic and hot peppers in with it.

SacchiMoto

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I have a "few" :lol: extra SCOBYs for making kombucha for trade, sale, whichever the case may be. I have slowed down my batch making - when there is no counter space for anything but kombucha...you may be making too much. Anyway, a trade would be wonderful, a sale would be great, but if there is nothing to trade and funds are tight - a SASE will work just as well. I have three different types of SCOBYs - ones that are from my Green Tea batches and ones that are from my batches of Oolong, black tea and a few from Pu-erh Tuocha which makes a very strong, earthy flavored kombucha if you get the Pu-erh Tuocha tea - I only buy this tea maybe once a year as it is $25 + a 1/4 pound :/ and one of those you either love it or hate it teas. Let me know if you are interested. Oh - and I would love to trade for some kefir if anyone is interested hint hint ;)

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If ppl still have kefir or kombucha they are willing to trade or sell pm me. We would love to have some.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies for milk kefir!

Does anyone have water kefir?

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whing,
Did you see my post on making your own kombucha scoby?

Also, ingot my water kefir cultures from yemoos.com and they grow like gangbusters.