Warts, fleas and ticks

chcknrs

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have been using Neem oil shampoo on my dogs for ticks and fleas, but recently read that it kills warts. Well I just happened to have a wart on my finger, so about once or twice a week I'd put a little Neem oil on it (when i remembered) and lo and behold, a month later, the HUGE wart is pretty much gone!

I am a nurse and getting ready to go back to get my nurse practitioner. I want to get into homeopathic medicine, and my DIL is in the nursing program and wants to get into naturopathic medicine, so we are thinking about a practice together. I would combine regular and homeo med, while she will focus on naturopathic. Neither of us wants to deal with narcotics (and can't without an MD working with us anyway), so we would weed out that population.

There is a school in Portland where I can get certified for homeopathy after my master's. I'm not looking forward to school for the master's but I really want the other classes. So share, share, share! All your knowledge and ideas will be welcome!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Nurse also, but planning on getting out of the profession! :) Have been disillusioned for years with the whole medical profession and can barely stand to work it. You know what I mean....pills for the side effects of the pills, infinity. I found out that one can control just about any infirmity by a change in lifestyle and diet, my parents are living proof! Ask me sometime.

Those allergies can be pretty much eliminated if you want to make some changes. Depends on what you are allergic to. Pollen? Buy some locally grown, nonpastuerized honey and take a tablespoon daily. Works like the allergy shots.

Take dairy out of your diet. Use soy milk and, if you just must have cheese, go with the tofu cheese. I used to suffer horribly with allergies! I also used to have dairy in my daily diet. Now, I only get an attack if I inhale dust...like when I sweep out the shed, clean out the chicken coop, etc. Even then, it doesn't go full blown on me....I just sneeze for a couple of days.

I think you and your husband are moving in the right direction but be careful what school you attend! Some of the homeopathic practitioners seem a little bogus to me....tells everyone, no matter what they have, that it is their liver! I've talked to several people in different areas that have been told that! I am a massage therapist also and found that, depending on what school of thought you were taught, the practice of massage isn't a standard, rule oriented thing. I guess I was expecting it to be more standard, across the board, like nursing schools!

Tell us more as you go along, about what you learn! :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I am not saying neem oil doesn't do anything but you are aware, yes?, that the old saw about wart remedies in general is that the wart will go away in 1 month if you don't use the remedy or 30 days if you do ;)

Just sayin' :)

Pat

chcknrs

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well, since I've had the wart for about 6 months, I think the neem worked. Just saying......

Beekissed, I know what you mean. I have been trying to study independently as well, as has DIL. We are both interested, and I know about the "liver" thing. You find that a lot in naturopathic medicine, which is why I am tending toward homeopathy instead.

I already do a number of "home" remedies that have worked for me. I also cut out most of the dairy years ago. My problem is with chemicals, the ones you find in shampoos, hair conditioners, lotions, etc. I have to have an Epi-pen now because it's gotten so bad. I use all natural soaps, no perfume allowed in the house. Still, it's hard to control all aspects. The pollens are a little bit of a problem as well.

There is still something here I am allergic to, probably pollens in the dust, but it's better than living in the city.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree! :D

You know, we took a seed wart off my son's foot by using a mixture of Bag Balm, olive oil extract and duct tape! Don't know which actually cured it but within a week of this, it peeled off and it looked as if it had never been there! My other son had one once on the bottom of his foot....the wart got cut into by a jagged gravel and it died and fell off about 3 days later. Go figure! I've never seen a wart that just fell off all by itself in 30 days...I've had a small one on my hand for nigh on 5 yrs. now!

The doctors I worked with started prescribing the "duct tape cure" for these types of warts with the theory that the duct tape smothered them and they died. These are the same docs who consider warts are caused by a virus, so I don't know how one smothers a virus that is attached to oxygenated flesh.

chcknrs

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Ultrasound also works on those seed warts. I had a PT I worked with, and he treated them. The ultrasound vibrates the "seeds" out and then you pluck them out with hemostats. Takes a lot longer than a month tho. My sis has two of them and is gonna try the neem oil on them. I'll let ya know how it works in about a month or so.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
You know, we took a seed wart off my son's foot by using a mixture of Bag Balm, olive oil extract and duct tape! Don't know which actually cured it but within a week of this, it peeled off and it looked as if it had never been there!
Anything that substantially dries out an encapsulated wart will generally get rid of it, IME. I can tell you that phenol and formaldehyde both work real well, although I am certainly not recommending them and did not use either as an intentional wart cure (I guess I'm just admitting to sloppy bench-chemistry in my younger days :p) (Others in the bio department used to use liquid-nitrogen-cooled metal probes to 'burn' the warts out, which is another do it yourself thing that works if you know how to do it safely but I am not really recommending either <g>)

I don't see how that's in any way inconsistant with warts being caused by viruses, however.

Pat

Chickchic

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
You can get rid of warts really easily by applying a small piece of fresh garlic to the wart and covering with a bandaid. You just have to make sure that the garlic only touches the wart and not the surrounding skin as it will burn. I had a wart on my finger years ago for at least 6 months and it wouldnt go away and the store remedies never worked. I was told to try the garlic and within a week it was gone and never returned. Just be sure you change out the garlic after you shower if it comes off so it stays on it consistantly.
I have tried it on those big ugly moles you can get but thats just painful and didnt remove them.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Duct tape......

My son had a big wart on his thumb, wrapped it with duct tape daily, and it was gone in a week.