Washing Machine to Chicken Plucker??

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My brother gave me a washer and dryer set that is fairly new from the house they just bought. I was planning on Freecycling my old set which is at least 17 years old and has a few issues. The safety switch which stops the spin cycle when the lid is up is broken.

The old set has been sitting in my garage for a week now when it dawned on me that I might be able to convert them into a chicken plucker!!

Any suggestions on how I would go about doing this?

I also have the dryer I can utilize too...aside from a slowly dying heating element, it's in good shape too!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'd just use the motor and shaft, add some plucker fingers to the wash bin and turn that sucker on spin cycle :lol: I thought of doing this too with an old dryer of my moms ;)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
yourbadd said:
My brother gave me a washer and dryer set that is fairly new from the house they just bought. I was planning on Freecycling my old set which is at least 17 years old and has a few issues. The safety switch which stops the spin cycle when the lid is up is broken.

The old set has been sitting in my garage for a week now when it dawned on me that I might be able to convert them into a chicken plucker!!

Any suggestions on how I would go about doing this?

I also have the dryer I can utilize too...aside from a slowly dying heating element, it's in good shape too!!
There is a YOUTUBE video on one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC051HphyvY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB212lI1-iw
Two seperate versions. Tub and table.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I also heard that if you put glass jars in a crate that has the bottom cut out to fit snugly over the agitator you can make butter on the spin cycle too. :p

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
This is the place to go for everything you need to make a plucker! They also have a yahoo email group where people talk about their various variations on the machines, problems, solutions, and advice. Gonna get me a plucker one of these days when I can afford all the pieces and Greg's got time to put it together....'course by then we won't need a plucker anymore....(sigh)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that youtube on the washing machine converted is awesome, i would have NEVER thought of that!
i might have to do something like that eventually

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I showed my Hubby the youtube videos and told him to be creative!! Will post up pics once he get started working.

Ema

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hmmm I got an old washing machine laying about...looks like we might be doing something with it after all.

thanks for sharing

Ema