PNW Come Together!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Capture.JPG

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a couple days difference can mean. It was only .38 inches yesterday and nothing really today. Water drained off. We have a seasonal stream over that way It's 5 feet wide at the most. It overflowed a few hundred feet as can be seen.

I had a weird dream once where the water kept rising and flowing in. Mom kept sending me swimming out to lift the correct grass tuft so it would drain. Water would lower then come back in a bit. I always have weird dreams

20220106_135443.jpg

20220108_165252.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What a couple days difference can mean. It was only .38 inches yesterday and nothing really today. Water drained off. We have a seasonal stream over that way It's 5 feet wide at the most. It overflowed a few hundred feet as can be seen.

I had a weird dream once where the water kept rising and flowing in. Mom kept sending me swimming out to lift the correct grass tuft so it would drain. Water would lower then come back in a bit. I always have weird dreams

View attachment 17942
View attachment 17943
Wow that's great drainage

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

View attachment 17942
View attachment 17943

clear water like that is always good to see, it means you've got good ground cover and little erosion. :) kudoes. :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's always pretty good here on drainage. You wouldn't think so with the marsh and big ponds. Our pond is connected to the next one and that has an outlet stream. Eventually it all empties into Muck Creek, then the Nisqually River, and out to Puget Sound.

I didn't check out the other bigger stream. It would have required wading I didnt feel like doing. Can't just see it because of the vegetation and trees.

We've never had muddy water. Plenty of stabilizing plants. I let nature do It's thing over there. Means less issues for me.

Mom actually freaked out when I showed her the water flowing over the road and she asked where it all drains to. I told her to our place first. She thought we'd get flooded out but the water comes no where near the house.

I think just about every property on this road has at least one stream. This is where the culvert couldn't handle the amount so it was going over the road from the right to left. Could see the water bubbling out of the culvert with force several feet under as well. Not really flooded, but it was flowing water so I got to see one car slide sideways a bit because they tried to stay on the right side of the road.

5609.jpeg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's always pretty good here on drainage. You wouldn't think so with the marsh and big ponds. Our pond is connected to the next one and that has an outlet stream. Eventually it all empties into Muck Creek, then the Nisqually River, and out to Puget Sound.

I didn't check out the other bigger stream. It would have required wading I didnt feel like doing. Can't just see it because of the vegetation and trees.

We've never had muddy water. Plenty of stabilizing plants. I let nature do It's thing over there. Means less issues for me.

Mom actually freaked out when I showed her the water flowing over the road and she asked where it all drains to. I told her to our place first. She thought we'd get flooded out but the water comes no where near the house.

I think just about every property on this road has at least one stream. This is where the culvert couldn't handle the amount so it was going over the road from the right to left. Could see the water bubbling out of the culvert with force several feet under as well. Not really flooded, but it was flowing water so I got to see one car slide sideways a bit because they tried to stay on the right side of the road.

View attachment 17948
Wow