water and milk Kefir grains

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would really like to start making my own. Is there a specific company or person someone got theirs from that they would recommend?

I am looking at buying from culturesforhealth.com. They seem to be a big provider, just curious if anyone else has used them. or if there is a company someone liked better.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cultures for health is an awesome source, I have ordered from them as well as called for advice when I had questions about my grains. I waited almost a year before starting my grains from them and they still flourished. Plus you can sign up to receive emails (which I usually hate getting from companies) that have useful tips, information, and recipes. Good luck!

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Cool beans, Thats exactly what i wanted to hear. i get sorta nervous ordering from new companies. Especially when the only reason I heard of them was a google search.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got my milk grains from citylife, who is a member here. Not sure if she is messing with hers right now as the last time I talked with her, she was working out of state.

As for cultures for health, I subscribed to their e-mails when I was looking for information about kefir and am impressed with the fact that I'm not flooded ith mail from them and sometimes wish I'd get something when I don't.

Dom's is a great place for tons of kefir info and recipes, too.