Water Closet

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I just got done remodeling my bathroom, I ripped everything out and installed new dry wall top to bottom. It is now ready to paint and only have two colors to choose from - so offer none other.

The first is "drumskin"
MPC0099231-2T.jpg

All the other rooms in the house will be painted this color.

The other is "skyward"
MPC0100039-2T.jpg

I have a new can left over from the other house.

The tub and surround is a beige that is a little darker then drum skin, the new floor is a marbled light beige and off-white, the vanity top is marbled off-white with an oak base, all floor and door trim is gloss white.

Also would you go with a white ceiling or the same color as the wall?

When I went to the store for a simple beige I was shown 7000 variations of that one color. Not knowing what to do I picked one solely on a manly name, all the others had a tinge of Frisco in them and didn't want to get beat up by the burly clerk. This house will be for-sale soon and want to stay with all neutral colors.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
If you're selling it soon- sticking to the neutrals is a safe bet.
Gloss paints are good for bathrooms since they are usually more washable.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
What dragonlaurel said.

Otherwise I would choose the blue to break up the monotony. But when I watch those shows about selling one's house, they always advocate neutral and bland colors.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i would say since your a man go with the blue

if your selling in the near future like the previous poster said go with nuetral

however if you paint it nuetral now you can put in decorations of any color and make it work

will the shade of the tub clash with the walls because they may have a different base color

always paint a ceiling white its just the normal thing to do otherwise it will look like a shoe box with those beige walls

what would really look good is adding a i guess you would call it a chair rail to the middle of the entire room in white paint the top half of the bathroom in the beige (to get this color away from the tub) and the bottom the blue and beige stripes alot of work but custom the blue stripes 2x the size of the beige stripes or you can even add a tiny white stripe every so often

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
If you're not selling, use both....three walls of one, one wall of the other. Or create a chair rail by painting bottom drumskin with a bit of molding, then blue above. Or blue above and onto the ceiling to look like sky....but that might fail and just look funny.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
About painting the ceiling, I have started doing the walls and ceiling the same color to make the meeting points cohesive. Otherwise I end up with a crooked or botched horizon line and "hatbands" on the wall.

Blue is on of the hardest colors to match. A prospective buyer won't want to repaint anything for a while, so I would stick with neutrals every time.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Did a first coat of paint to see how it looks, as you can see it is a small bath being only 6' x 8' of floor space. The chair rail idea would not take advantage of such a small room after I install all the fixtures. How does all this look to you guys?

Don't pay any attention the man winking at you in the mirror.
bath_2.jpg

I put a combo ceiling exhaust and heater in that brings the room to 75F in 15 minutes.

I think I may paint the area above the tub surround gloss white (it is just primer now) for a brighter look.
There is an inset that I trimmed out for a demarcation line.
bath_3.jpg

I may put a small vinyl crown molding in to cover any incohesiveness.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Is the guy in the mirror winking?
Other than that it looks good.

I like the use of white to break up the beige, keeping it bright and light reflective. Didn't see a window so good choice.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
sylvie said:
Is the guy in the mirror winking?
I drew him free hand just for the people here, winking and waving to show how appreciative he was - who said kindergarten doesn't come in handy later in life.