We are looking for good wood soap molds what do you like to use?

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are looking to upgrade to nicer heavy molds for loaf soap Hot and Cold process. What do you suggest for a set of working molds? 1-5 lbs non stick liner? What's your work horse? We have an opportunity to sale soap at a friend's store but our recycled molds ( half gallon and quart milk cartons) aren't very appealing.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
you could just emphasize the "rustic" look by wrapping the soap bars in burlap or something like that...?

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:D that or cheese cloth............. i just want to option of selling to all types without having to trim the edges so much. some just have to have clean edges.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the_whingnut said:
:D that or cheese cloth............. i just want to option of selling to all types without having to trim the edges so much. some just have to have clean edges.
YOUR OP said Loaf soap. So I was going to suggest Loaf Pans {Bread and meatloaf pans} Do not use aluminum with Lye the lye will eat the pans in short order. If you are handy with a router you can route some very nice molds in wood a fast pass with a plane will trim the edges.

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have done soap in milk cartons.
or drain pipes have a nice edging but harder to remove