Well this is stepping over some boundries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Now they are trying to scare the last of us who are not sheeple, to be sheeple.

I thought this country was "We the People"

Dont seem like it any more.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
after which it was believed dead until this past week when it was embraced by Obama who became the first American President to name his own citizens as a threat to his Nations security.
Really? What would you call what happened to Japanese Americans during WWII? Do you think they voluntarily went to internment camps? :rolleyes: I stopped reading the article after that. I hate when authors intentionally lie in their articles just to make it more dramatic.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
There were boundaries for this president? Hmm..I must have missed that :hu

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One notes that is, apparently, the Russians who find this most disturbing. Somewhat ironic.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, after failing to pass the Senate, the bill died and has not been re-introduced (as of yet). It does bear watching, though. It's very vague and leaves far too much to interpretation by bureaucrats. It would be a very dangerous law.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder where, in the hierarchy of journalism, this particular Australian newspaper resides. Is it a serious publication, or is it a *yellow rag* sold at the check out counter in supermarkets Down Under? I would guess the latter, but maybe one of our Aussie members can give a more informed opinion.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ORChick said:
I wonder where, in the hierarchy of journalism, this particular Australian newspaper resides. Is it a serious publication, or is it a *yellow rag* sold at the check out counter in supermarkets Down Under? I would guess the latter, but maybe one of our Aussie members can give a more informed opinion.
Yeah, I think about that every time I see any kind of political article like this. Even though the "appearance" of these articles look very professional they could be a monthly news letter from a radical special interest group for all we know.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When I googled this act, I got numerous hits, but it was all the same article. Like k0xxx said, it died in Congress in 2007. I found this article, originally from CNN, that has more information: http://current.com/11pe04c. This is still not exactly "hot off the presses" (May 2010), so I wonder what prompted this to resurface now.

Status
Not open for further replies.