Well, we keep talking about it, someone has to ask Nifty...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
If we can have a section for Sufficient Self Journals? Where we can each have a thread to post about our daily happenings?

:)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No, Jules, I can make forums, that's the role of the admin, Nifty. I do hope he considers both of the requests made today.

1) A Sufficent Self Hunting & Fishing subforum under the Frugal Living fourm

2) A Sufficient Self Journals subforum under the Social forum

3) Move the The Self-Sufficient Kitchen - From Recipes to Processes to Gadgets up under Frugal Living fourm.

I think then we'll have all of the bases covered.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I don't think she meant I had to ask you, I think she meant it was your place to request it ;)

Sorry!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Talk to me!!! You mean something different from the "My Page" tool?

I'd like to get some feedback on how to build out this site and start adding content and articles.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yea, they do, Rob. They want it to be a regular subforum where they can each have a thread they can add to, and people can read and discuss things with them. They don't want a separate page (ala the My Page that can be built with each user name).

So there'd be the Sufficient Self Journal subforum, and in it Beekissed would start a thread where she'd discuss her day, whatever, and anyone who wanted to could chat with her, in her thread, about whatever.

I have to admit it had to be explained to me, because to me the whole forum is for just that, and each 'thought' gets discussed in it's own thread already. Maybe those who are interested in this journaling could expand a bit on why they want it.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Just a spot where we can post about daily happenings, maybe voice some frustrations that happened during the day, without taking away from the normal flow of the rest of the forums, contained in our own "Daily Digest" so to speak. :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I like the idea! Plus, it will help me remember what I did yesterday. :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nifty a subforum of Journals is a great tool cause each person has their own journal. We talk about our daily life and post pics without taking up threads also. And anyone can come in a chat.

It clears up the threads alot from just going off track alot so others don't have to read stuff that is not meant in the thread.

I use it in other forums and it is a great addition. Hope some of that helps.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
This is pretty interesting. I want to support it.... whatever "it" turns out to be. Here are some options, let's flush out the pro's and con's to each:

1) The "My Page" tool: This could be used like a big long blog / journal. Pro: It is already installed. Con, it isn't really chronological and it isn't readily accessible / listed on the front page and recent posts.

2) Each member has a thread / journal in a new section: Pro: Easy for me to set this up and for everyone to use. It also would be chronological. Con: May contain comments and may take a "journal" way off course / topic.

3) A Journal / Diary modification: A journal / blog system added to the forum. Pro: Chronological and setup like a diary or blog. Con: A little more work to setup. Kinda seems like a duplicate of the "My Page Tool".

So, what do y'all think? I was leaning toward 1 or 3 but after writing that out, I'm leaning toward #2.

FEEDBACK!?!?!?!