Whare am I? Alabama of course!

smithx9

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey folks.
I am in Russell County, Alabama. We are just across the river from Ft. Benning, GA and Columbus, GA. The closest "town" is Seale, Home of the oldest courthouse in the region.

We used to live in an agricultural county, but now subdivisions grow faster than kudzoo! Ft. Benning, Ga is building up, I guess all those soldiers need someplace to live...I just wish they would live in Georgia...not so close to us.

Anybody else in this area?:):

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welll... I'm no where near that area, but I'm from Alabama! I live in Tuscaloosa, going to UA so of course I gotta let out a roll tide! (it is football season!):p

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ughhh... is there anyway to fix the title of this thread to Alabama?

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
not near you but have come through there a ton of times going to anf from Ft. Benning, my brother was in the 75th Ranger Regiment there and i did basic training there. I live in St. Clair County. The nearest big city is the armpit of Alabama...Birmingham.

allabout

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Central Alabama- Chilton County....Jemison to be more exact. A little town between Montgomery and Birmingham.

mamaof3

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello to all. Ok I am in the NW corner. Winfield,AL.

We have just recently moved back down here from an 8 year stay in Chicago. MY DH wants our 3 kids to grow up on the "Farm" yet we only have 1 pig, 2 hens that are too old to lay and a roo I am ready to put in the pot. 1 chihuahua who acts like he is now in his rightful place because he roams everywhere he can on 20 acres and a 7 month old boxer who is becoming ever more increasingly curious.

DH would love to live in the pioneer days, me I still like some of my ammenities, but am seriously trying to be SS in everyway possible. Learning all the stuff is what is taking up my time, I want to make sure things are still safe but consumable. So I have found this site to help me become more SS and any and all help of every sort will be greatly appreciated.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
:welcome

If you go back to your first post, there is an edit botton at the bottom that you can use to fix the heading...don't worry I do it ALL the time...almost all my posts get edited after the fact!

hungryhensfarm

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in Chambers County. My family and I moved here from Lee County a couple of months ago. That's not next door but it's not too very far away either.