What a good idea, if you have plastic bottles.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got this in an E Mail...thought it was a great idea!
Cut up a disposable water bottle and keep the neck and top, Insert the plastic bag through the neck and screw the top to seal.The bag is made to be air-tight, such that water will not leak, the secret lies with the top and screw cap!
I am on my laptop, and can't get the pictures to load. I will try to load the pictures later. If you all need them. What a great idea!!

99_get-attachment.jpeg

99_get-attachment_002.jpeg

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Cut up a disposable water bottle and keep the neck and top, Insert the plastic bag through the neck and screw the top to seal.The bag is made to be air-tight, such that water will not leak, the secret lies with the top and screw cap!
I am on my laptop, and can't get the pictures to load. I will try to load the pictures later. If you all need them. What a great idea!!
Umm, what is it meant to be for? Why would I do that?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
justusnak said:
in stead of useing zip lock bags....Or to reseal open bags of beans, ( if there is any left to save) LOL

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
justusnak said:
in stead of useing zip lock bags....Or to reseal open bags of beans, ( if there is any left to save) LOL
Ahhh! To bad we never have disposables around here!

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It will only work for a few uses. After that, the action of screwing the top on and off will tear up the plastic, the same way it does if you use plastic across the top of a canning jar under the ring.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
It's clever I guess, but wouldn't a rubberband or twist-tie or old barrette work just as well and for MANY more uses?

We generate only about four of those little water bottles per year (and that's when my husband gets them), and I use them to stuff into dog tuggies where they make a nice enticing crunchy sound but the dog can't actually eat them :p

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that is a truer air tight seal than a twist tie

good idea if you have the bottles lol

plus you can use any type of plastic bag scrap to 'make a bag'--means you don't have to buy bags....any plyable plastic can be turned into a bag with a top/screw lid --hmm...good in a pinch

I use a good amount of water in bottles for camping etc. of course I do recycle those plastics.