What activities is your child involved in?

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just curious what things other homeschoolers get up to. My kids used to be involved in more, but money is tight and classes can be expensive. Right now we have two playgroups every week, and a homeschool co-op that meets on Mondays.

The co-op was started this last semester by a few local homeschool families and we are really glad to have it and trying to support it as much as we can. I am teaching two music classes and a class called "adventure club".

My kids are enrolled this coming semester (starts next week) in music, drama, science, physical activity, karate, kid biz (they learn the basics of running a small business), needlework, horselovers club, and brain games. They each take five classes that are 55mins each. It has been a great experience for us so far and I am really hoping the program will continue to grow and offer more and more classes.

What does your family do?

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, your kids are busy, that is great!

My kids are 8 and 14. The 14 year old ds is active in the church group and is also very active with fly fishing and tying flies. He has been gone every week-end at fishing events. My 8 year old dd is involved in 4-H, AWANAs, and also our church group. She plans on taking a gymnastic class this summer. She also plays the piano and guitar and is busy with all of "her" animals. Ds also is starting to take bass guitar lessons.

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been trying to keep the activites down, but with little success. Both of my kids take piano lessons, dance lessons, and swimming lessons. They do activities with church and scouts, sing in choir, and are both involved in a science co-op and a history co-op. They also do regional theater in the summer. My kids are VERY socialized ;)

Inchworm

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I will be keeping activities down and let my kid just be a kid.....without a hectic schedule.

I have seen my brothers kids just insane with time problems...they had so many things scheduled, I don't think they knew they were "just a kid"---LOL

Nicole, being just turned 4, doesn't have much activities planned now.....but she is learning swimming and we do that all thru summer, fishing and swim at the lake, boating, tubing and all the fun stuff to keep her involved.

will be buying 2 new horses in about 1 year or so....one for me and her ---she will learn to ride and handle her horse.

she wanted a dance class but it was full....so in fall when the season changes, and classes are enrolling, she will be in a kid jazz class one day per week...she will love that.

other than that, not scheduling much ever.......I sure can't be the "run the kid to every activity" Mom....I just can't do it...LOL-LOL

and I told her I will let her 2 friends from pre-school come over this summer....I chatted with the Moms and they live so close, I told them I will pick up the girls and bring them home even.....that way they have their little play day thru summer.

Nicole plays at the farm and learns all about nature and such also...so in general, her being a kid that grows up "on the farm" gives her some great fun in childhood.

(remember, this is just me and how I want to do things....)

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We use a charter school that can pay for a lot of our activities. This past school year, my kids have done taekwondo, track and field, art class, piano, violin, cub scouts. This summer we'll do some swimming lessons, then we are spending a month on grandma and grandpa's farm. Probably the best educational tool of all!

Mahonri

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DS#1 just finished a two year mission for our church.
DS#2 will begin college in 2 weeks
DS#3 just finished a season with a regional choir
DS#4 plays baseball... last night they played through the rain... a rare thing in AZ
DS#5 just finished soccer season... getting ready to drive his mother nuts as school is out
DS#6 is into swimming season
DDchild#7- just graduated from Kinder... she's doing ballet.

DW deserves a reward.

Maggies Pop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My daughter will be 5 in December. She does Gymnastics two times a week. Just started 4-H this month. She also does swimming in the summer. We are looking for one more activity, not sure yet what, possibly ballet again.

Latest posts