WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
moolie....you gonna post on here? I see you online right now, and I just KNOW you canned something today :lol:

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nope, sorry--but we ate some canned food today ;)

Home made saskatoon berry jam on toast at breakfast, a jar of last week's Baked Beans at lunch, but nothing canned at dinner--we had pork stir fry with noodles.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:ep Goodness woman!! :lol: Everyone needs a break sometimes huh? ;)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I don't actually can every day :)

Tonight was "family dinner night", a new tradition since my 16-yo daughter has been working part-time. Once a week we try to all cook dinner together, on a night when we're all home. Last week we had a "breakfast for dinner" evening (pancakes, bacon, eggs, fried potatoes) and tonight it was Pork Stir Fry with noodles. Everyone seems to enjoy it, and the food is always good. Plus I think the girls are learning more cooking this way too.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love my presto and I have both sizes. My 23 qt I found at a thrift store for $20 :D I have never used a second rack though. I usually put my wide mouth on the bottom and stack the regular mouth on top of them. I have never had a problem with them not sealing. Is there a risk? I have been doing this for years.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I am addicted to All-Americans. Very sturdy, no replacement seal, and they are weighted gauge. I like the weighted because you are not as tied down to watching it. You can go get the mail, gather eggs, and come back and all is fine. I have Model #921

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You've definitely got the right idea Moolie. In this busy day and age and when the kids are developing more things away from home, every opportunity to spend time together is one to jump on. Plus, they'll learn a lot of skills without even realizing it...it'll just be a fun activity :)

And my favorite breakfast is for dinner, LOL. I don't do well eating a big breakfast first thing in the morning, so if it's pancakes and eggs and sausage and bacon and all that good stuff...I'd rather go for lunch or dinner :)

Latest posts