What are you charging for eggs?

Justme

Power Conserver
Reaction score
2.50 - 3.50 a dozen delivered. 2.50 to my husbands coworkers. 3.50 to patients of my chiropractor and the massage/nutritionist in the same building. For the most part those are people that are very into and willing to pay the extra that "health" food and organic costs.
I generally the eggs pay for the hen's feed and the feed that we use to raise anout 25 meaties.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't have a lot to sell, but when I do it is $3.00 I think that is very reasonable after looking at egg prices in stores.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I get 2.00 but with the price of feed I am going to have to charge 3.00. I am feeding organic.

fair weather chicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
2.00 dozen and we are selling every thing we can. the hens are paying their way and we get our eggs. we're selling them at our local college campus. when we go to farmers market we get 2.50. got to help pay for gas.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I also think our hens could pay for their feed (organic next time) plus we'd have eggs. I currently have zero eggs in the frig. A gal stopped by the house last night and she ended up taking every egg I had. I have been telling everyone that when winter hits or feed costs go up, egg prices will go up, too.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I get $3/doz from my cash paying customers and I use the $3 mark to determine how much shrimp, wild duck, rabbits or venison meats I will barter for. Just put an approximate price tag on the meat, so we can barter fairly.
I could charge less, because of where I get my grain from. I'd have to pay more if I go only to the feedstore, but I use the price of grain at the store to set my price because if I put myself thru the trouble of going on a road trip to get my grain in bulk, store it and pull weeds to suppliment the feed, thats my trouble.....I want to get a kick back for my thinking and hard work. Also, when I sell my chicks, I educate my customers.....I assure them that they best not try to out sell me, because I refuse to have a price war. I don't care if someone sells more eggs than me, if thats what they are after, because I will not run my farm at a loss. There is more than one way to skin a cat or so I'm told, so there is more than one way to buy eggs.

Jubilee101.com

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
We have 3 different friends that we frequent for eggs and we pay anywhere from $2.00/dozen to $5.20/18 pack. None of them deliver. It has amazed me how many people actually go out of there way to pick up fresh eggs as there are plenty of instances where all of them are out of eggs. Anyone every heard of Biophotons? It's a relatively new direction in science and the main researcher behind the science is a man named Fritz Popp. Anyway, he has shown that all living organisms emit coherent light and his research has led him to find that free range chicken eggs give off light that is more coherent than caged chicken eggs and the light is alot more coherent than factory eggs. The coherency of the light is a measure of quality. Of course most of us always knew that free range eggs were the best - nutrition wise - but it's nice to see science catching up with the rest of us ;)

Latest posts