What did you fix to eat today?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I see this as a thread that is like "What did you do to save money today?"

So lets share our meal ideas, and recipes!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I fixed nachos for supper using...

*Home Canned Hamburger
*Fresh Grown Lettuce
*Fresh Grown Onions
*Tomatoes
*Shredded Cheese
*Tortilla Chips

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yummy - sounds good Buff!

My DH is working late tonight, so I just whipped up a couple of stuffed jalapenos. I used home grown jalapenos, some hot pepper cheese, jalapeno cream cheese and bacon. Simple and sorta light, lol. I don't know what DH is gonna eat when he gets home, lol!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had steak, baked potatoes, sliced tomatoes, corn and homemade mac & cheese.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We had fellowship dinner at church, so no cooking here. I did make some Sourdough bread today. I had 4 cups of all purpose flour, and then 2 cups of freshly ground wheat flour. I'm actually not sure I liked it. What flour combination do you folks use for your bread? I think if I substituted honey for sugar I'd like it better. This is a new starter though...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're on a new 'no grain' diet so I experimented with a recipe calling for ground flax and coconut flour along with almond butter. I know - sounds weird - but it made a fairly good bread substitute....even if it tasted a little nutty, lol. I also whipped up some chicken salad form the chicken I roasted a couple days ago - soooo good on the "bread". It's dense, tasty, filling and very low carb.

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm making a creamy green soup using potatoes and a bunch of radish tops I picked in the garden(it has a kind of watercress taste to it), followed by catfish in a coconut milk and shallot sauce with rice and green salad and fresh strawberry shortcake.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I made Sourdough Pancakes for breakfast and they were great! Then I made whipped cream, sour cream, butter, and buttermilk. Then Chicken Pot Pie for supper...

Very productive kitchen day...

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice!

Last night we had a sort of nacho salad. Lettuce, 3 kinds of meat (chicken, taco meat and canned corned beef), cheese, onions, tomatoes, green chilies, then run under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly. I think next time I'll add a layer of chili beans just above the lettuce... Then strawberries on greek yogurt with stevia.

Tonight it's grilled steak and yellow squash with a green salad from the garden (think I'll make blue cheese vinaigrette for that). Last of the watermelon for dessert.

Now I'm gonna go make some Worcestershire sauce (finally made room in the fridge for it)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight was grilled sausage sandwiches and sliced tomatoes. The sausage was sealed in a food saver bag, so I just dropped it in a pot of boiling water for 8 minutes. E-Z supper!