What do you think of THIS??? Pics on Pg 2!

newmochick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That video was tooooo short!!

You looked like a natural.

Where is your dss going to boot camp?

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I know! I wish he'd have taken a longer one.....DSS is going to Army boot in Ft. Knox, KY. From what I've read, boot camp is NOT what it used to be, much softer, kinder, gentler. ugh. :rolleyes:

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Ok Bee (and other dial up users) here are some pics to supplement the video :D

217_2010-08-08_102418.jpg

217_2010-08-08_102519.jpg

L-R: Spike, Roxy, Wendy

217_2010-08-08_102737.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Excellent pics!!! Looked like you were having fun! :D

Wouldn't it be cool to have a small, self-sustaining farm on which all the work was done by horses? Slow, methodical, peaceful and natural....

....and you could probably charge folks to come and participate.... :p

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Funny you say that Bee....DH named the video "Jennifer's Dream" and then asked "so if we had a couple acres, could you use even one to plow?" ummmm HECK YEAH!!! LOL I tell ya, I had no time to think of the stresses in my life while plowing. You MUST be in tune with your team, MUST pay attention to the ground, the direction, the team, and a miriad of other things. I actually walked away feeling a bit refreshed, if that makes sense. I was thinking of what I did, how I did it, and if I could do it all day! HA! But I was also processing everything the owner had told me not only about the plowing itself, but about the Belgian breed and about training. He was a fountain of knowledge but taught with stories, which made it fun. And his sarcasm matched mine, which was even better!! :lol:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That looks like fun...but also a lot of work. There is an older gentle man( i think in his 70's) here in our area, still plows with mules. He has a great team, and plows several acres, ( like 30 or so) every year. He doesnt like tractors, or the "smell" of them.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
There are a lot of folks like that it seems. The old man that is the father of the guy who showed me how to do all this was like that. Said he was tired of tractors and all the maintenance. :)