What do you WANT to learn to do?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I'm just curious if any of ya'll have skills you still want to learn, or haven't tried yet?

I've made some "pet quilts" but they weren't really "quilted", so I'm thinking I want to expound on that and jump into making real quilts, and learn how to quilt.

I'd also like to learn how to mend and patching are also on my "to learn" list.

That may sound silly, because I bet a lot of you already know how to quilt, mend, and patch, but sewing is not one of my most talented areas, but is an area I want to improve on.

I'd also like to learn how to do smocking. I really wanted a vintage type smocked dress for baby girl, but no one in my family knew how to make one, and I'm not paying collector's prices :p

I'd like to learn how to read a pattern for a shirt or dress or pair of pants, and make a few things for my kids.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I want to learn to turn a piece of chicken into steak, and I'd like to be a neurosurgeon too. Of course, IF i were a neurosurgeon I guess I could feasibly afford the whole cow, right?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I want to learn to turn a piece of chicken into steak, and I'd like to be a neurosurgeon too. Of course, IF i were a neurosurgeon I guess I could feasibly afford the whole cow, right?
Um, Ok. Not quite what I meant? lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Wannabefree said:
You didn't specify that it be realistic :hide

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
Wannabefree said:
You didn't specify that it be realistic :hide
LOL! OK, well REALISTICALLY speaking, lol, is there anything you want to learn to do? or improve upon? :D

Beanie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
One day I want to have a loom....*sigh* and I'd love to make tapestries, blankets and fabric.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Okayyyy...I want to learn to build my own solar panels, and I also would like to build a alternative fuel vehicle from the ground up and the fuel processing equipment to make my own fuel. I suck at sewing. I have cooking down already. I'm getting bored of my old hobbies. :hu I want a complicated hobby that engages my brain.

Beanie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Okayyyy...I want to learn to build my own solar panels, and I also would like to build a alternative fuel vehicle from the ground up and the fuel processing equipment to make my own fuel. I suck at sewing. I have cooking down already. I'm getting bored of my old hobbies. :hu I want a complicated hobby that engages my brain.
DH is making some solar panels with soda cans. It's for heating the chicken's coop this winter. Search YouTube....lots of good projects there.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey! You don't happen to know someone by the name of SnakeDoc do ya? He's building a popcan heater too!

Beanie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Emerald said:
Hey! You don't happen to know someone by the name of SnakeDoc do ya? He's building a popcan heater too!
Actually I think I may have met him on another forum.