What food do you hate?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
And why? I tried crab waaayyy back in the last millennium. I didn't like it. I was stupid enough to try crab cakes again day before yesterday thinking I'm a good bit older and tastes change and blah blah blah. I almost literally gagged on a piece barely the size of a Lima bean. I just can't. I hate the "flavor" the smell and the texture, and I made these myself and the BF raved about them. He can have em, if I ever bother to make them again... so what's your dietary kryptonite? Mine is obviously seafood. It baffles me how anyone can put some things in their mouths, much less chew swallow and enjoy it. So I'm curious. Let's have it, whadda ya hate?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Beans. Any beans....even jelly beans. Can't stand the texture or the taste of them all. Lima beans are the most repulsive, though lentils can make me gag just by smelling them cooking.

I wished I liked them, as they are good, good nutrition, but I just can't do it no matter how hard I try. Was forced to eat them when a child, got whippings if I didn't eat them and threatened to have to eat the puke if I puked them up, so I have no good associations with beans.

There are other foods I don't particularly like the taste and texture of, but I can't say that I hate them....just the beans. :sick

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Salami. Tried it once and that was enough. Can't stand the texture, the smell, the oiliness when you eat it. And tinned corned beef. My mom fed me too much of the stuff growing up, I feel sick just smelling it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Liver is.... Bleh. I've never even tried it. I can't do it. I cook it for the dogs and the smell is simply too much. And the texture.... Oh no, I'm not eating that!

I hate clams also. Again, texture. My husband hates asparagus. I LOVE asparagus.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I actually like fried chicken livers as long as they're crispy. And I like beans. It's the seafood, namely crustaceans, that gag me to death.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love certain seafoods but am deathly...and I mean deathly...allergic to shellfish, so that eliminates all the tastier stuff. I've always wanted to taste some real Cajun seafood dishes but that will never happen.

Wish I were allergic to beans instead, so I could have a good explanation for not eating them....folks think I'm crazy when I say I don't like them.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Beans are kind of....filler..anyway. I have told people I'm allergic to shellfish because they won't quit with the "here, just try it!" Ummm....can these people even smell?! That's not going in my mouth.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Tuna fish, beets, Brussel sprouts and almost anything in a can.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I won't eat Ruben sandwiches I can't stand the smell considering I make about 20 a day at work. Oddly enough I love liver.