What is the one thing you splurge on?

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What is the one thing that you splurge on that doesn't meet the SS lifestyle? One thing that is a definite want and not need?

I will go first. I LOVE Bath and Body Works hand soaps. I love great smells when I wash my hands. I only buy them when I can get them for $3.50 or less, but it is the one thing that I do spend my hard earned money on.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They're harvesting cotton all around me this week....in fact, fields on both sides of me will probably get picked next week. Then there's processing.

My splurge are the wet wipes for cleaning counters, stove tops. I use washable cloth for a lot but I love the clean, wipe and toss for those!

Chocolate a splurge? 🤔 I thought a necessity! 😁 :old don't break my bubble!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
one thing? hard to pick just one, but chocolate, tart dried cherries and vanilla are three things i feel i splurge on. the cherries are sort of local since they are grown upstate from us, but not local local. the chocolate comes from Belgium. well worth the price. i hardly have been eating it lately - Mom's been making other sweet stuff and i've enjoyed perfecting my tapioca pudding making skills. which uses the vanilla which came from Mexico many years ago. it makes the recipe as far as i'm concerned. i don't know where the tapioca is grown (a little goes a long ways :) ).