1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Laugh(s) for the day and over 100k views for this thread can't be wrong. Keep them coming
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

What is this??

Discussion in 'Everything Else Homestead Living' started by milkmansdaughter, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Oct 7, 2018
    milkmansdaughter

milkmansdaughter Super Self-Sufficient

I'll be going over to find my neighbor to find out, but was wondering if anyone can identify these plants. My neighbor sent them home with my son when he brought her some eggs. The second and fourth picture are of the same thing and it is as soft as velvet. The first one is clover (I think.)
    20181007_082424.jpg 20181007_082347.jpg 20181007_082316.jpg 20181007_082337.jpg

2. Oct 9, 2018
    cabinguy

cabinguy Lovin' The Homestead

The last one is a cocks comb I believe the Amish by me always grow it their garden ( not sure why )

https://www.monticelloshop.org/6000...MIpsLsj4D53QIVgwOGCh35dgA3EAQYASABEgK_7PD_BwE

3. Oct 9, 2018
    Britesea

Britesea Sustainability Master

found online...
    Medicinal use of Common Cockscomb:
    The flower and seed is astringent, haemostatic, ophthalmic, parasiticide and poultice. It is used in the treatment of bloody stool, haemorrhoid bleeding, uterine bleeding, leucorrhoea and diarrhoea. As a parasiticide it is very effective against Trichomonas, a 20% extract can cause the Trichomonas to disappear in 15 minutes. The seed is hypotensive and ophthalmic. It is used in the treatment of bloodshot eyes, blurring of vision, cataracts and hypertension, but should not be used by people with glaucoma because it dilates the pupils. The seed also has an antibacterial action, inhibiting the growth of Pseudomonas.