What other places. ..

Budweiser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What other places does everyone here frequent? You have other sites.you go on?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some of us spend time on the sister sites here... Backyard Chickens, Backyard Herds, and The Easy Garden. Scroll down the page a little and the links are on the right towards the bottom.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ditto. I am much more of a blabber-fingers on TheEasyGarden and BackYardHerds. If you have any kind of farm animals or want them, BYH is the place to be. I studied and read and wanted sheep for 5 years and finally got them last year. I learned so much on BYH. If you love to garden or want to learn, TEG is the best forum on the net. We are a friendly bunch and just love to help others become more food sufficient and grow healthy food.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I too do the sister sites but I spend most of my time on this one. I like the BYH site but I don't have any herd animals so mostly I just hover there. I visit BYC but people there can be a little full of themselves, lol. Try mentioning free ranging and not feeding formulated feeds! I like to watch a lot of YouTube videos. That's how I taught myself to butcher my chickens. By the way I can do it in about 15 minutes per bird (pat on the back).

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So thankful for our drum plucker. No way you'll ever catch me hand plucking a bird. I'd rather skin it.

I started an account on BYC but I think I have one single post over there. Because it is so not my thing... Like you said, people are a little overly particular about their birds over there!

I'm quite active on BYH. Lots of good people and good conversations.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a plucker too - but I'm still not that fast, lol!! I'm not even very good at skinning a chicken - even though I can skin the heck out of a goat or sheep!