What to do with styro blocks?

hinkjc

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You know, those big blocks of styrofoam that come as packaging protection for large items. Any suggestions on good uses for them? I hate to put them in the garbage if something good could come out of them.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Throw them....at that guy running by you!!
2hsbw9s.jpg

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Carve into designs and you can "print" with them on fabric etc. Can be used over and over again. We did this in my classroom, kids and adults loved it.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Insulation. I will be making insulated waterers soon, hopefully this weekend. I have a horse-sized one that works GREAT but it too high/deep for my goaties and fowl.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Collect them and make bean bag chairs out of them - the kids LOVE jumping on the bags to break up the styrofoam. I add those nasty plastic bags from the stores as extra padding. I have zippers and as they get smushed down I shove in more stuff!

Edited to add - never ever let your kids think they can get into the bag after it is full of styro! It's extremely dangerous to inhale!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Insulation. I will be making insulated waterers soon, hopefully this weekend. I have a horse-sized one that works GREAT but it too high/deep for my goaties and fowl.
What a great idea! Do you do anything particular or do you just put them around the waterers?

OOO, your idea is great too. I just don't happen to have kids to foist that one off on! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If you use them as insulation or something, be sure to put them in a plastic bag or wrap them somehow, cause styrofoam real fast falls apart in any weather...and then you have 50 billion styro chips flying around the stalls or pasture etc..LOL

or make a snow man craft...LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Shake styofoam at a super hero's face and it takes their magic super powers away.

(anyone see movie BOLT with the super dog? Nicole has it and the cat uses styrofoam to rob his powers)

I am not sure if it will work on humans though?