what's next?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
when the virus scare blows over and the stock market is still tanked and everything is closed down what do we have to look forward to?

I'm betting on a deep recession. probably close to depression, or at least worse than 08.
everyone has been spending like there's no tomorrow and hasnt put back a cent. I'm guilty as well.....but what I've been spending money on is self sufficiency. :D

all those folks I been telling for years that hard times are coming stopped laughing. and I'm honestly ok with it. when **** is at its worst im at my best. when there's nothing, I make something happen. always have.....and now I'm better educated than ever. I'm actually kind of pumped

how bout you guys?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am checking on neighbors and friends. making sure they are stocked up. I offered to teach one neighbor with 4 boys, how to make bread. She called from the grocery store to ask what kind of yeast and had 3 bags of flour. I also told her how to make beer biscuits, she bought Bisquick and beer. LOL

I am ready for however long it lasts. I've preached to friends and family to keep a stocked pantry, you never know when you might need it. Not because of a possible pandemic, but anything that interrupts life, even losing a job.

I see us that are prepared, helping our community, friends, family and neighbors. People have to help themselves, this might be a good lesson.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just figured out what I did... I mentioned that bad 5 letter word (TRUMP). I think it's time for me to go make trouble somewhere else.

Bye folks, it's been fun while it lasted.

that's kinda crappy. look, I'm not a trump hater, for the most part, but this just isn't the place for that kind of thing. we lost enough members over politics. there's a gaping whole in their absence. just check it at the door and have fun chatting about SS.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I think it will recover as soon as people don't feel afraid.
Which the masses are very forgetful, the panic could die down soon.

As for me, I will continue to look to where I can establish a more permanent homestead. Now, with a little more fervency...

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have two old hens who aren't laying (although I think ONE should be! The other is super old so she gets a pass) and 12 pekin ducks. I have to sex and separate the ducklings very shortly. They arent laying yet.

Thanks for the reminder to plant beans! Its almost the perfect time to plant them here now :D If only the lazy bloody ducks would do their job and eat all the snails...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just figured out what I did... I mentioned that bad 5 letter word (TRUMP). I think it's time for me to go make trouble somewhere else.

Bye folks, it's been fun while it lasted.
I think maybe that's the issue....

I also have enjoyed many of your topics. @flowerbug said it best - folks don't come to this site to have one-sided politics thrown at them. Most have respected the forum rules and requests from the moderators to leave those topics alone. I hope you find a great forum where it's within the rules for you to post your ideas on politics and if you want to talk SS - please come back.

Latest posts