whatzit?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Any clues? DH brought it home when he went to get some used (aka broken) vacuums from a church member who is moving to assisted living.

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
That's what we were thinking too but couldn't quite figure out how it would work. Do you think there might be a piece missing?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking you could set the piece with the holes on top of the peice with the "flatter" designs, then fill it with softened butter. Then chill, and push the pats out with the other designed piece. Just a thought. But I don't know why they would have a design on both sides...it just occured to me, maybe it is a cookie press. Again, why designs on both sides? Hmmm...

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
For a three dimensional effect and greater artistic impact !

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I think maybe the way I laid out the pictures is confusing. There are two pieces. The first pic shows them apart, the second is with them together. So when they're together there wouldn't be anywhere to put anything else like softened butter.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The pieces do fit together quite tightly don't they??

I immediately thought of a pastry shell press, but it seems tight for that too. Then I thought of a muslin press. It looks a tad thick for a muslin press, but it could do.....