When Not to kill a Tomato Hornworm

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I keep hoping and hoping to find evidence of beneficial parasitic insects in my garden! I've seen Asian beetles eating potato beetle larvae, but never parasitic wasp eggs on the THC yet.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I was shocked! I saw it first 2 years ago, wilting, drying up potato beetle larvae. Then I found squash bugs and Asian beetles preying on them. Oh, happy day! Saw it again last year.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well, there ya go...I planted nasturtiums to keep the squash bugs off my squash when I should have planted the potatoes next to the squash for the same reason. But..do we want to feed the squash bugs and help them thrive? I don't know but I want them all to shrivel and die.... :p

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Well, there ya go...I planted nasturtiums to keep the squash bugs off my squash when I should have planted the potatoes next to the squash for the same reason. But..do we want to feed the squash bugs and help them thrive? I don't know but I want them all to shrivel and die.... :p
I can give you a great deal on some old DDT. Tried to get rid of it at HAZMAT day and even they wouldn't touch it!

Latest posts