Where do you find.....

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
your food grade buckets & special lids, mylar bags & such for storing foods, grains & such?

I know alot of people on here have them. I'm just not sure how you've all acquired them. Do you buy them at local brick & mortar stores? or buy them online thru 'prepper' sites? or what?

I would like to someday get some, but I can't seem to find them locally...only online & I am one that refuses to buy anything online. (the less personal financial account information shared over the worldwide web...the better ;) )

Thanks for any info!

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We get food grade 5 gallon buckets from DH's work- he's a baker. Gamma seal lids we have bought from Bay Tec Containers, and most recently this summer we spent $75 on 12 more gamma seal lids from freckleface (free shipping!).

The Food Saver mason jar sealer is available on amazon.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
You can buy them at Lehmans then also Walmart give buckets and lids away for free.........

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We have gotten food grade plastic buckets with lids at coffee shops, restaurants, deli's, grocery store and purchased them at a recycle place.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My Home Depot carries a food grade white bucket. I also acquired some from my local doughnut shop. My mylar comes from Emergency Essentials. But I bought them when they went on sale.

I think I used Bay Tek as well.

G

TigerLilly

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have bought buckets & lids from Lowe's when I really needed one in a hurry, but I'd just as soon get them from the kitchen at work.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Most of the smaller companies will let you make a paper order and send in a check or money order. Just get the contact info and ordering info from the site and then call or write to the company, asking how to proceed.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We got some nice buckets from the ice cream shop down the road... also bakeries, and small restaurants usually give them away for free :)