Where have you found the best price for.....

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
NEW 55 gallon water barrels??????? I reckon I could use a reconditioned one if I HAD to but....I'd really like a couple of new ones. I am in Ohio if it make shipping any cheaper.:D:D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
A winery might have some old juice barrels you could buy if you have one locally.
My local Tractor Supply store sells huge water containers with spouts and everything.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have seen food grade barrels for 25.00 used from corn syrup etc on craigslist. our local feed store also sells food grade, so maybe you could ask some in your area. I would start calling local restaurants and also rain harvesting companies sell them fairly reasonable.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am lucky I have free metal 55 gallon drums from Tony's work.
I have no clue where to buy them, but in my classified paper under like misc. area and such they list them for sale. not that expensive I thought.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I LOVE Craigs list!! After sufficientforme mentioned it, I checked our local one and found a fellow selling them for 12 dollars a piece! I called and asked what had been in them, he simply said "liquid sugar".
I figred for 12 bucks I'd give him a try. On the way to his house I drove past the Smuckers factory. It hit me right between the eyes then!! LOL LOL! Come to find out he has a contract to buy up all the empty barrels they have. The barrels are so nice and so clean,I left his place with three of them.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great find! Thats a good price, I would love to find them that cheap.