"Where there is no doctor" book

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Has anyone here read (& used) this book? Was it helpful? And understandable to a non-medical person?

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Has anyone here read (& used) this book? Was it helpful? And understandable to a non-medical person?
I've heard it is fairly useable. There is also one (When there is no dentist) which is also fairly handy.

I don't need such a book because of what I do, but it should be very helpful to folks who have no choice. It is not really intended for routine health care maintenance that you may be currently accustomed to now, but it is mainly designed for "SHTF" situations and very remote locations.

Hope this helps.
Trim sends

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I found a PDF of it. Not sure where though. I downloaded it on the home computer. Let me know if you need it.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I found a PDF of it. Not sure where though. I downloaded it on the home computer. Let me know if you need it.
Might be nice to put the link here so others could get it.

I also have a copy of the book "The Barefoot Doctors Manual" which is a text book used in China for folks known as Bareftoot Doctors. These are midlevel trained folks who take care of much of the medical care needs of the Chinese people. They are quite good and well received by their patients.

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I have heard of the book but every time I try to check it out at our local library it's gone! I would like to have a look at it before I go off and buy it.

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just downloaded this a week ago. So far very easy to understand. I also got "where there is no dentist" and the one they have on Midwifery.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks, ya'll - I missed all these posts because I was on vacation the week of 9/10!! (Yes, I went on vacation without the forum! :hide)

I would REALLY like a hardcopy of the book, as the only time I could imagine actually putting it to use would be when TSHTF, in which case there may not be electricity to read it on a PC. :/ It's pretty pricey on B&N.com ($28, I think?), so I didn't want to invest that kind of money if it wasn't a good investment. Maybe I'll go ahead & download it to give it a look-see.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Look for it used on amazon. maybe they have it.