Where's the Christmas Candy?

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today, as I was walking around our local grocery store picking up some last minute things for Christmas Eve and Day, I decided to get some of those delicious Dove Milk and Dark Chocolate pieces. So, I wound my way over to the aisle where I saw the Christmas candy display so many times since AUGUST(!), and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a boatload of Valentines and Easter candy so early in the year! I'm sure everyone in the store busily trying to get ready for Christmas has Valentines and Easter candy on their Christmas shopping list. Whatever happened to letting one holiday pass before starting the next? :barnie:hu

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I so, so, so agree!!! It USED to be that way. Now, heck you see three holidays at one time. It dampens my enthusiasm. I work in a lot of retail stores and each has the same issue.

Sadly, the retailer wants the almighty dollar.

Often the stores have actual dated deadlines to have the merchandise on display.........the managers can be in a lot of heat if not done. Yep, I often have to audit to see if displays are out or not.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:rantI am so tired of this. A few days ago the local Wallyworld was taking down their Christmas decorations.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I remember as a kid, part of the "magic" of Christmas was you didn't see anything Christmas related in stores until Thanksgiving. Christmas was jam packed into 4 weeks. Now, it is stretched out over 3+ months, and I think by the time Christmas arrives it has become anticlimactic and most are so tired, they're glad it's over.

Glad I don't have commercial TV. I imagine the "after Christmas" commercials are already playing.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went to the store today and it was all Christmas stuff still. Maybe I'm just lucky! However it did start going up a week before Halloween... It's been there a while now.

I need to start putting up my own tree later. I'm already looking forward to taking it down and having that corner of my living room back. :hide