Who am I? And who are you?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thought this would be the appropriate section on which to post this:

The other day Tank said she couldn't picture me as someone who worried about how my hair looked. Today Barred Buff said he never pictured me as someone who liked Harry Potter books/movies.

This is intriguing to me! I'm wondering just how many other people out there are picturing folks on here as one thing or another and just how far off we really are?

I guess I never "pictured" folks as one thing or one way or another...I don't think my mind works along those lines. I guess sometimes it does but not much.

So...how do you "picture" the people you know on this forum? Not just physically but as to a "type" of person....like girly? nerdy? no nonsense? care free? A know-it-all?

Feel free to picture!!! :D

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I guess I've never really went that far either.. I always try not to make assumptions. I've usually based my ideas on what many of you have written. I've always pictured you as very friendly, warm, and resourceful, but that is very obvious by the way you write and respond.. And after hearing your voice!

I must say, I did think Urban Dreamer was older, at least in her 30's if not older.
I thought I_Am2bz was actually a guy, and I thought someone else who was a bit older was much younger. Otherwise I haven't thought about it much..
Having several SS members added on Facebook has been revealing too. 'Ohh, so THAT is what they look like.'

I think the funniest that I've encountered was when ToLiveToLaugh thought I was a female to male transsexual. :lol:

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I thought you were older too BlackBird! And then come to find out were only a year apart! :lol: And I think everybody thinks your a female at first. :hide I think BBH is a very warm person, sweet. Noobiechickenlady seems rebelious and spunky. Wivezilla= nerd. :lol: Bee sounds very opinionated to me, but in a good way. Dace kinda intimidates me. We are all very friendly though, that I can say about everybody. :)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Yeauh ha.

Wifezilla is definitely a nerd.
Bettacreek always seemed like the 'tough cool' chick, and it turns out she pretty much is! Lol.
Noobiechickenlady is rebellious and spunky, I love it! Though I thought she was the exact opposite before I got to know her!
Lorihadams reminds me of my sister (in a good way).
At first I thought Tankshill was a bit intimidating (maybe it's the Rottweiler in her? :p).

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I kind of pictured all the women as ageless, in jeans and muck boots, sitting on their front porches with a cup of tea, looking out at their animals and gardens with pride. Their hair is always long and braided.
I have no idea how anyone would picture me! I shared a photo a zillion years ago but probably no one remembers it or would go digging for it... it is a curious idea!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
I kind of pictured all the women as ageless, in jeans and muck boots, sitting on their front porches with a cup of tea, looking out at their animals and gardens with pride. Their hair is always long and braided.
I have no idea how anyone would picture me! I shared a photo a zillion years ago but probably no one remembers it or would go digging for it... it is a curious idea!
:lol: Change the muck boots to crocs and you pretty much have me pegged Hen! :lol:

I kind of have you pictured as a neat organized teacherish type. Guess that is how I most identify with you. ;)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Bee I have you pictured as a short sassy southern gal... VASTLY full of energy and ideas.

For the record you always sounded like a guy to me Blackbird ... one much older than you really are however.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! this is hilarious - great post, Bee. i've 'met' a lot of people online and then stood there face to face and said "THATS who you are!?!?"

for the record i am NOT blond. a couple of folks have said thats what you thought i was
;-)

me = fast talkin, bossy, loud, walks like a trucker. usually muddy, couldnt tell my hair is long b/c its up under a 'life is good' ball cap, and never with a cup of tea (tequila, sure, coffee - yep, but usually its water), rarely sitting but looking over the garden thinking "if i can just get that done then i can get this done then i'll..."

i dont know if i 'picture' other people other than i cant stop thinking about blackbird's hair
:)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: I AM opinionated! I try real, real hard to not express it too much but it gets hard sometimes. :hide

Short and sassy? Not in a million! Well...maybe I used to be. I've mellowed, if you can believe it! :p

I am 5'4" and way too heavy...is that SS and prep if you have 2-3 months of "reserves" stored on your person? :D

I'm not really sassy but I do have a quick wit and have to bite that off a lot because no one where I live has a good sense of humor. I miss that and I think I find it in you all....I simply LOVE OFG's and E4S's sense of humor....that is exactly my own!

I have to really bite my tongue sometimes because I am the queen of the quick and sharp jab if I am prodded too much. I'm trying to be gentler and more soft spoken in my travels.... :p

I never thought BB was a girl but I thought he was much older...he is so intelligent and has such wisdom and insight that it is hard to think of him being so young. He feels like warm fleece and moves like quicksilver.

Farmfresh I picture as being easy....easy to talk to and live with. A peace maker and a cheerleader and a good friend to have in all weathers. Smart and logical...and probably give great hugs! She has colors like wildflowers and smells like apples.

Pat is pure nerd with a brain the size of Texas!! An information junky with loads of capacity to catalogue and remember strange and wondrous facts. A careful person in thought and deed. Valuable in a pinch when no one really has the answers! She is sturdy courdoroy and straight lines, richly green in color and sounds like a steady beat....like a heart.

Dac has a dry wit and is slow to speak, introspective....so, when he speaks, we should listen...it usually makes a heck of a lot of sense. He is like a good barn jacket, warm and functional with a good, manly smell.

Dace is creative...like music and light, hope and sorrow. I hear her music~ I can't quite catch the words...but the melody touches my soul. She looks like pebbles in a mountain stream to me~varied, beautiful and ever changing and moving.

Morel is like barn red, midnight blue and teddy bear brown, mother and friend, fire and pure, cold water. Morel is deep, with undercurrents that run swift and sure. She points true north and is a light to all who know her.

I guess I don't picture people in the same way as others do and, when I think of it, I do picture them....just not as terms like nerdy, girly, opinionated, smart, etc. It's more like flashes of feeling, color, sound, texture for me.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Age surprised me on the board
some I thougth were guys were gals (just mainly cause the username would throw me)

alot I figure are not farmer types like me, cause they say they don't have farmland like I do----so I kinda always assume that when they "don't have all that land" they are more neighborhood type people and not the grungier type muck boots like me now lol

I was never farm. I rode horses in English saddles, jumped fences, had $100 pairs of high heels, expensive jewelry, worked as a computer programmer while living outside of Hartford CT

eventually moved to NC when I transfomed into a "I want my own land for my own horses" and bought land and had to buy hay, met hubby cause he sold me the hay, and HE turned me into a farmer.

Now all I do is protect my nails best I can cause I always prided myself on 10 perfect nails...lol and yup I got blond hair! :)

but basically age got me on most people thinking they were younger or older and usernames threw me off sometimes
on male/female

other than most, mostly I can see just about who everyone truly is with their postings in a way---well my way lol