Who can come up with the wildest SS story?

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sometimes crazy things happen at the worst time. I had an experience 4 days ago, that you just might not believe and I'm wondering if any of you can top it. Go for it because sometimes I can use a good laugh.

Well I was slaughtering my broilers...2nd day. I had already caught 3 broilers, tied their feet and put them in a garbage can I was using to transport to the killing station (aka the shed). So I go back into the stall with the broilers and close the door, catch #4, go to get out and the door won't open. The latch fell in the locked position, enclosing me in with the broilers.
Well, fortunately I had brought my cell with me and my children are homeschooled, so I started texting my 15 year old, but she wasn't answering.....she was making pancakes, so I began texting DH, who was @ work....no response; he was taking a personal needs break. So I called my house phone and DD answered. I told her to come in the coop NOW. She asked what was wrong and I told her, never mind, just come because I was stuck. She came, looked over the situation, smiled and asked,"How did you manage this?" I said, "Never mind how I managed this. Just let me out." She did, but was laughing quite a bit.
Then my sister showed up at the fence between our yards and DD walked over and told her aunt what happened, while I tied #4's claws......I began to hear the sound of my sister laughing out loud.
Other children said they would have come over to help if they had been home, but not before going back to the house to get a camera.
DH suddenly started texting me......apparently he was laughing hysterically. I suppose I am lucky I thought to bring my cell with me. I really only ever thought I'd need it, if I fell and couldn't get up or if I saw fowl play and needed immediate assistance.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeesh sorry Rhoda. Sounds like everyone got a good laugh though ;)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have one. Not really wild but funny. Last January we were banding the ducks and chickens with the leg IDs. And I saved the ducks for last because, they were dreaded. So wild then. Anyway caught the drake last and my aunt held him up while I banded and he shot poop out of his butt and it grazed my coat. SO grosss but funny :p :lol:

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yuck!!!! I had a couple of dead broilers poop on me as I passed them over the plucker. Broilers are kinda nasty. I withheld food and they still were full of poop.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Not SS, but still funny.

A few months ago I got a call from a friend. She wanted to know if I had the number for TSC. She was in the ladies room, and they were out of TP! She wanted me to call and ask them to bring her some.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Not SS, but still funny.

A few months ago I got a call from a friend. She wanted to know if I had the number for TSC. She was in the ladies room, and they were out of TP! She wanted me to call and ask them to bring her some.
:lol:

Rhoda, I did the same and they are SOO gross

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Not SS, but still funny.

:yuckyuck That's hilarious!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a big old hog can't jump a 5 ft. gate, right? darn right he can :lol:

hubby installed a 5 ft solid gate at the end of the aisle to make a channel to let the hogs out of the pen and get ready to be loaded into the hog trailer for a trip to the processor.

Tonys Dad let out the hog into the aisle and hubby was waiting down at the end of that new gate...hanging over it....and that hog came full speed down, jumped and his hoof and snout hit hubby square in the face...slinging him back...and he had to push back fast cause that big old hog was hanging darn near over that gate.

only crazy one that tried it to that level but I can remember me laughing like crazy as that hog slammed him at the top of that gate and the surprised look on hubbys (and the hogs) face :lol: :lol:

this is a funny thread!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
omg.....dat coulda been terrible. Just think if DH hadn't moved fast enough and the hog would have come down on him. It must have been the least expected thing for DH at the time though. Freak accident. Hope ya'll went up another foot or 2.