who doesnt have full time job?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't work. I take care of everything around the house and property, and my husband works full time. Our situation is different than most peoples, though, as he retired from the Navy so we have medical from that, and some extra money coming in each month. We had to sit down and work out how much we could afford on a house, and bought one that worked. Now we're just working on paying off the house and getting anything we want built done before he quits. If he does happen to lose his job at some point, we will be ok. We have a few things we'd like to do to bring in a little extra money at that point, but we'd be able to cover costs.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't have a full-time job away from home...but the homestead is my full-time job. ;)

Doc_gonzo has the full-time job away from here, working a 12 hour swing-shift, which includes health benefits and is our saving grace. ;)

It allows me to stay home and care for the critters, newly evolving and ever-expanding orchard and garden, sawdust toilet, water hauling, etc.. which is a full-time job in itself! :)

Latest posts