Who saw this post on BYC?

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I"ve seen those before. In fact, just recently I saw some for sale (and other various "wrappers" bags) I forget where? I wonder if it was when we went to mall of america? My thoughts when I saw it was, that'd be cute for a girl scout project! They're always having juice boxes w/ snack at scouts, so teach 'em to recycle them i a fun way?

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Yeah, but there are plenty of people who don't have the time or skills to make one. Lots of people like to buy crafty things, but would never make them.

Us crafters thank God for people like that! :lol:

amyquilt

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've seen bags like those before. They are a really neat idea, and cute, too!

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
I saw another post of a person who made their feed bags into purses. or grocery bags, they looked nice.

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
I saw those too. Those were really cool. Our feed bags here are paper :( We use them for trash :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I fill mine with cedar chips/straw and throw them in the dog house for beds/pillows. My young dog has torn up every nice bed I provided, so, no more "nice" beds for them....just recycled feed sacks! Mutts! :rant

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Speaking of feed bags, I saw where a woman took the cloth feed sacks and made them into t-shirts and dresses...they were soft and really neat!

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
They used to do that a long long time ago. It was pretty common place 120 years ago, especially with the pioneers. I would love to see what that looks like. I have never seen one.

ha ha just looked at your screen name...you may know all of that already! :p

ETA I left out that these dresses were popular in the great depression especially.