Who The Best Prices on Whole Powdered Eggs /????

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I haven't priced them elsewhere, but Sam's Club sells Augason Farms Dried Whole Egg for $25.17 for two #10 cans, sealed with O2 absorbers for long term storage. I don't know what the weight or volume is, but they advertise 56 servings per can. You can have it delivered or shipped to a Sam's Club for pick up.

I hope this helps.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Goodluck. IDK. I used to use that stuff years ago, just to not having it wasted, when I would get it from commodities when my older kids were little. My grandparents gave me theirs too. I can't see buying it when I can just have a few hens in a cheap coop out back that can survive on grass clippings and kitchen waste though, but I would think dried eggs could be useful to certain people with less choices. I would think it a good thing to have in the pantry in certain urban settings with untrustful neighbors.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a couple cans in storage. I have used it to make Pre-made mixes. Works well. I'm sure there is someone who has a reason we shouldn't be eating it. ... But I still think I would store a couple cans.

I bought mine at Emergency Essentials. But I did notice that my local Cost Co has some # 10 cans of misc emergency supplies including eggs.

g

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a trio of ducks, and 3 pullets. I just wanted to have a few cans as backup.. for baking... and for when I can find recipes for mixes.. I've noticed that they aren't putting as many servings in a can... We don't have a costco here.. we do have a sam's but haven't noticed any on the shelves.. I placed an order with emergency essentials and did order one can... was just hoping there might be some better prices and servings with another company

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I'm sure there is someone who has a reason we shouldn't be eating it.
I avoid them for the same reason I avoid powdered milk. The drying process oxidizes the cholesterol in the eggs.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sam's doesn't carry them. I too have a can I bought through Emergency Essentials, but I got it before I started having chickens. Chances are I'll someday barter it away.

Now that I have my chickens, and am working on a way to house the bantams in the garage, I'm sure I won't ever buy store-eggs or powdered-eggs again. Thank goodness!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I'm sure there is someone who has a reason we shouldn't be eating it.
I avoid them for the same reason I avoid powdered milk. The drying process oxidizes the cholesterol in the eggs.
See I knew it was something like that.

Thanks Zilla.

;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Considering how long eggs will keep in the fridge, and how many eggs a year a welsh harlequin lays, I think I can safely skip powdered eggs. If I didn't have chickens or ducks, I might keep some on hand, but use it VERY sparingly.