whole lotta shakin goin on!!!

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On the news this morning was that southern CO had an earthquake and now there has been one on the east coast.......hoping everyone is okay! :hugs

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
We felt it here in MD pretty darn good!! Talk about scary!!!! I'm still a little shaken up. The cars were rocking in the parking lot, and my husband was at home in the basement and said the house was shaking over his head!!! My sister and mom felt it in NC (Winston-Salem). That was some kind of crazy!!!!!

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
can you imagine being a survivor of the terrorist attacks and being in the Pentagon or NY City and feeling this? Just saw on the news where they were interviewing Pentagon 9/11 survivors and they were describing crawling through the halls when the quake hit. Terrifying.

Friends from Md, NC and PA all felt it... apparently centered in Va

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
People around here in Ohio are reporting feeling it. I did not, but my hubby did at his office. Waiting to see if there are more aftershocks.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
5.8 or 5.9 centered just outside of Richmond, VA. That was quite an experience!!!!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Centered not to far from my house. Scary. It lasted a long time. The house and family are okay Thank You Sweet Jesus. Cell phone lines are down - but every thing seems to be business as usual.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
gettinaclue said:
Centered not to far from my house. Scary. It lasted a long time. The house and family are okay Thank You Sweet Jesus. Cell phone lines are down - but every thing seems to be business as usual.
My friend is in Suffolk and he didnt' feel it. What the heck? :lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hubby's mom called to check on us. But being near Colorado Springs, we didn't feel a thing. The quake was in Trinidad.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Even though here in WA, being in the 'ring of fire' and earthquake prone...we rarely have ones that are felt...mostly little tremors. I've lived here all my life and can only remember 2 that really shook us up. One in 1965 was 6.5 and the other in Feb 2001 was 6.8 Those both were scary.

Abi....don't you live near Denver? The CO quake was near the New Mexico border...magnitude 5.3 hit around 11.46pm MDT Monday night about 9 miles south of Trinidad. You probably didn't feel anything.

The east coast quake is supposed to be a 5.9 centered in VA, but felt over a much wider area.

Edited to correct date.....1965 not 1964

Latest posts