whole mobile chicken coop made from recycled/found materials

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
That's very nice! and sure makes me wish we had an old hay wagon around here :lol:

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks for all the great feedback guys! i'm so proud of it, mostly because it's the first thing that i've actually designed, scavanged for, and completed (with help from Danny Do-All, of course)!

i copied the BYC page over to here, so if you want to see it but couldn't before, now try this page .

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
LOVE IT! It looks great!
Mine is almost completely recycled :) I had to buy a few cinderblocks, some concrete mix & the screws. Oh, and the white paint, because the camper shell was black & it got too hot in our steamy summer.
that's my biggest worry... that the green might be too dark come summer. we thought about flipping the panels so the greyish-white side was out, but it just didn't look right- the panels had been laying in the woods for like 10 years and were covered in leaf mold and i COULDN'T get them clean enough. ridiculous, i know, but i wanted this to be as close to perfect as i could get it since it's basically my masters thesis in my way of doing things (that's how it feels most of the time as i try to prove to my family that my SS ideas aren't silly). i might break down and paint it at some point, but i'm hoping to avoid it if i can.

edited to change "lead mold" to "leaf mold"- amazing what one letter can do to the meaning of a phrase.