why do you love being single

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kimnkell said:
I guess I'm pretty darn lucky. My husband is the best! He doesn't say a word if I decide to cook dinner or not. If I don't feel like cooking he will say we will find something to eat don't worry about it. He don't care if I have matching clothes on ,as a matter of fact most of the time I have a sweat shirt and sweat pants or sleep pants on unless I go to town I rarely wear real clothes.lol... We have a business in which we can work at home and we are together 24/7 and we never argue. If either of us want to buy something we don't have to get permission to do so. Although, neither of us are big spenders..lol..We have so much in common. We like almost all the same things and he even helps with canning and baking.I do know that it is a rareity to find someone that you get along with so well.. I guess this is why he is my 3rd Husband (he he) . We have been together for 7 years and it's been nothing but happiness for us both. I do have to say that if something were to happen to us that I would never ever get married again, this is due to I know that I would never find anyone else that could even come close to my little man.. lol.. he's just the perfect man for me.;)
I have one of those too Kimnkell, but when I was single, I loved it for many of the reasons people have already mentioned in this thread. I think that one of the main reasons I got married (again) is that with my current DH, I didn't have to sacrifice any of that. He enhanced my life, he did not take anything away from me. Being single was fabulous - I would happily still be on my own had I not found my perfect partner.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got married in high school and it was BAD so when I got my divorce I had a wonderful time. My parents had never been particularly supportive or affectionate, lord knows my ex husband wasn't even nice to me so being single was like discovering myself and the world for the first time. Now, I had a child to care for so I guess I wasn't really singe. She'd give me a hard time if I cooked the wrong thing or wanted to do something different but still, it was so much fun I basically decided that I'd just stay single. Met Greg and was married three months later but he is just about perfect. Right now he works all day, comes home early to pick up the kids from school, makes their dinner, parcels out their medications, feeds them washes them, hooks me up to my machine, washes me, does the laundry and gets up in the morning to do it all again. This is why even after 24 years I still smile when he calls.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
While being single has some benefits, I'm sure, I wouldn't trade being married to my dh for anything in the world. so, instead of hijacking your thread, I'll start my own. :)

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm not single right now, but with the age difference between me and dh, and knowing that men die earlier, I may have many single years in my future. I think I will enjoy them. :lol:

My grandma was a widow for nearly 30 years and I admire the life she lived. Its not that one lifestyle is better than the other, but that both can be enjoyable and fulfilling.

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sounds like some of you have great Hubby's too. I do have to say that I really loved being single though for all the reasons everyone else has posted. It's really great when the only person you have to answer to is yourself unless of course you luck out and find that perfect someone.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Although I am married, while the DH was trucking I lived like a single person (minus the dating part). I had my own schedule, my way of doing things. I do admit that I miss that! :p