Why do you store food?

detali

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm not a Mormon but I have a substantial stock of food on hand. I lived through the second word war in Europe. Nearly died as a child of disease and malnutrition. With the state of affairs this world is in having a store of food is not a matter of religion but a matter of common sense.
Although religion does play a part in it. Has anyone heard of Armegedon, the end of the age? Not just in movies. It may happen soon. The Mayan calender ends with the year 2012. Why is that I wonder. I don't know if storage food will do any good for that but it may help.
A number of years I had a premonition to start stockpiling food. When I had about 6 months of it on hand my husband lost his job. We had food.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Detali! :welcome

Several of us on the forum have experienced that deep-seated urge to start storing food also. I'm not in any way a person who would normally be super prepared for emergencies~way to layed back for that! But in the last few years I've had this.....well... this driving urge to sieze an opportunity to produce more, and store more, foods.

Can't explain it, but there it is! :)