Why is the news media so misleading?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Look here at this article.

It's headline is Coronavirus traces found in Massachusetts wastewater at levels far higher than expected.

Then you read the article and it said burried near the middle "Even if those viral particles are no longer active or capable of infecting humans, they may still carry genetic material that can be detected using an approach called PCR (polymerase chain reaction,) which amplifies the genetic signal many orders of magnitude creating billions of copies of the genome for each starting virus,” Alm told the outlet."

Fake news... Nothing but to drive up fear.

How about some real investigative reporting backed by traceable facts? Geeze what a concept.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If it could be proven that their fear-generating tactics had caused someone to die who wouldn't have, they would be culpable and maybe they could be sued, or even tried for murder. It would be difficult, but I can always dream.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If it could be proven that their fear-generating tactics had caused someone to die who wouldn't have, they would be culpable and maybe they could be sued, or even tried for murder. It would be difficult, but I can always dream.
I saw this the other day:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"Much of the criticism stems from the New York Times’ opinion section, which has published some scathing pieces recently that attack Fox News’ coverage and what the authors say are the effects of that coverage"

Kinda sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.