Why items at Dollar Tree will soon cost you way more than $1

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Interesting. Expect some outrage from customers, but I think they'll be fine though.

We have Poundland in the UK and their Irish version, Dealz, here. Most items in store costs €1.50, with some mix and match "buy any 3 for €1.50" thrown in. But they also have more expensive items priced up to €7 and €8 Euro and it's still a bargain, so people flock there.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Many, many vendors are raising prices by simply providing LESS in their packaging. 10 oz instead of 11 or 12 oz, same price just less product. I've seen it for quite a while now. When I do resets the sizes/prices are noted as part of placement. Yep, often SAME pkg size, just less in it. Most people don't even notice for quite a while. Sharp, huh??

Some even leave existing product to sell thru. Some actually remove pkg, discount, have pretty new pkgs....same price, less product BUT -- cute new face on the box.

If you shop Dollar General, always check the $1 aisle. Sometimes they put the product removed from a plan set to that area to sell it out. One day it's $2.95, next $1. Gotta clean the stores. :D

Many of the WalMart stores are taking deep discounts for items not selling, no longer planning to carry, or unsold after a big push before a holiday, etc. Since I work in one each weekend, I see a few darned good ones. Got several costly headlamps for $1. and some really good wine, $1 for a 4 pk, bags of nuts, 48 count Grn Mtn K cups $3. (size box deleted from shelf set) You betcha, I bought. :lol:

Stores are tightening up. It's going to be a real issue for many things -- especially prices for foods & livestock feed/hay, with all these weather disasters!!!!!!! STOCK up while you can. It can't go away and is very, very widespread.